"Eight years of one demographically-symbolic president is enough."

Started by Valigarmander, April 16, 2015, 02:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

Let's give the white men a chance for once!
QuoteWashington (CNN)National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre this weekend dismissed President Barack Obama as a "demographically-symbolic president" â€" and doesn't want Hillary Clinton as another.

LaPierre warned a crowd of gun enthusiasts at last Friday's annual NRA meeting that "there's no telling how far Obama will go to...reshape America" into an unrecognizable country before he leaves office.

"And when he's finished, he intends to go out with the coronation of Hillary Rodham Clinton," LaPierre continued, to boos. "Yeah, I have to tell you eight years of one demographically-symbolic president is enough."

LaPierre spoke a day after more than a half dozen would-be Republican 2016 presidential contenders addressed the crowd, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

Clinton announced her long-awaited presidential bid on Sunday and looks poised to make a historic bid, as the possible first female president of the U.S., a central part of her pitch to voters.

The comments drew favorable hoots and applause from the crowd, but immediately sparked backlash throughout the progressive blogosphere, with DailyKos calling him outright racist.

"Plus, what the f--- is that supposed to make Hilary Clinton if she were to become President? A demographically symbolic public representative of the majority demographic in our country?" blogger Walter Einenkel asked.

"The Daily Show's" Jon Stewart also took note of the comments on Monday night.

"Wow, I guess your dog-whistle wasn't working, and you just went with a regular whistle," Stewart joked.

LaPierre promised the NRA would work to keep Clinton from being elected on Saturday, and warned of the dire consequences if they failed.

"Hillary Rodham Clinton will bring a permanent darkness of deceit and despair forced upon the American people to endure," he said.

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey, maybe the nra will nominate Eddy Haskel from Leave it to Beaver for president.. Just look at his qualifications.. White, male,  a neighborhood asswipe.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

And what was mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, and our war hero McCain?  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

"Look guys, I'm not sexist or racist or anything, but we can't let a woman be president.  It's bad enough that we just had a black guy as prez..."

SGOS

I'm pretty sure the NRAs real gripe with Hillary is that she isn't a Republican.

Solitary

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 16, 2015, 03:21:55 PM
"Look guys, I'm not sexist or racist or anything, but we can't let a woman be president.  It's bad enough that we just had a black guy as prez..."
It could be worse, he could be a tranny homosexual Republican Mormon or Muslim.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on April 16, 2015, 04:05:43 PM
It could be worse, he could be a tranny homosexual Republican Mormon or Muslim.

ho ho ho, those don't exist ^^

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 16, 2015, 03:24:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the NRAs real gripe with Hillary is that she isn't a Republican.
Pretty much.  And it's been so long without a Republican in charge.  The Right might go ballistic (perhaps literally) if they don't get their guy in office this time around.

stromboli

I'm pretty sure that if Hilary came out wearin' a gol dang stetson and packin' a set of shootin' irons he'd change his tune.

doorknob

this has me saying what the fuck all the way around! Unbelievable! I hope there's a huge backlash for this!

Hydra009

Quote from: doorknob on April 16, 2015, 04:54:06 PM
this has me saying what the fuck all the way around! Unbelievable! I hope there's a huge backlash for this!
Only if it's a white male backlash.  We just had a black backlash, so we're all tapped out on that for a while.

trdsf

Is this really the best they have?  "Okay, we let someone who wasn't a white male be president, time to give it back."

In any other Western democracy, LaPierre would be dismissed as a crank, not put in charge of an organization of a couple million weapon enthusiasts.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

Quote from: trdsf on April 16, 2015, 07:28:31 PM
Is this really the best they have?  "Okay, we let someone who wasn't a white male be president, time to give it back."

In any other Western democracy, LaPierre would be dismissed as a crank, not put in charge of an organization of a couple million weapon enthusiasts.

Wayne LaPierre in my mind is the standard bearer of backwood stupid in this nation. He is a shill of the gun manufacturers and is so blatant about it that I literally groan every time I read one of his comments. Back when the NRA used to be nothing but a bunch of hunters. This guy is Ken Ham and P.T. Barnum all rolled into one.

Shiranu

So, about that Latino Marco Rubio fellow, bulldogs in lipstick like Palin and your token black-men like Cain...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

I suppose Wayne LaPierre doesn't want Ben Carson as president either. "LaPierre"... sounds suspiciously un-American to me.