"When did you first notice that men were looking at you in a sexual way?"

Started by Valigarmander, April 12, 2015, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 17, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
Speaking of social tho, females have more power than men in that if they wanted to they could be ordered/pretend and get a innocent guy in jail for sexual harassment. It has been done before my friend has been labeled a child predator because his ex made her little sister pretend she was violated.

Both men and women have power, and both can violate the rights of innocent people. Men get more of a reputation because they are obviously larger - so their sense of power is readily known. Women are usually smaller and more diminutive in appearance, and therefore are considered less of a threat - despite the fact that women can have as keen of a mind as any man and be just as self-serving.

My condolences to your friend, I've know a few men who were ensnared in molestation/rape allegations that never happened. In these cases, women had the unfair advantage. I've also known a few women who were genuinely molested/raped, but could never convince a jury. In these cases, the men had the unfair advantage. There is an injustice here - innocent people suffering due to the manipulation of others. I hope to live long enough to see the petty differences of the genders set aside in our pursuit of equality and greater focus on the individual.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Draconic Aiur

Rob4you

Yes, this is somehow depressing but at the same time pretty funny, I'm sorry but I couldn't avoid it:

Ten paragraph: "Serae"

QuoteMy mom noticed me on the phone and asked who I would even be calling (the phone as basically to call her and only her). I told her that the guy that sold us the phone was trying to get a date with me. She grabbed the phone and yelled into it, "She's 10 years old and you should be ashamed! If you ever call again I'll go to the police." He got off the phone quickly.

I looked at my mom and said, "But...I'm 12?"

"He needs to feel the additional shame of being a pig."

ROFL OMG that really cracked me up! :rotflmao:
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring". Carl Sagan

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Carl Sagan

"What I\'m saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job". Carl Sagan

Rob4you

Well I'm male, but I do have a little story too.

When I was 12, one day I was in the men's bathroom, and one middle aged man was trying to watch me peeing, he was really creepy.  :eek:

He was not the last that I would encounter, although there haven't been a lot of incidents like that fortunately.  :lol:
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring". Carl Sagan

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Carl Sagan

"What I\'m saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job". Carl Sagan

Munch

Quote from: Rob4you on April 28, 2015, 05:03:24 AM
Well I'm male, but I do have a little story too.

When I was 12, one day I was in the men's bathroom, and one middle aged man was trying to watch me peeing, he was really creepy.  :eek:

He was not the last that I would encounter, although there haven't been a lot of incidents like that fortunately.  :lol:

Its alright, he probably wasn't interested in your tallywacker, he was just admiring the chrome work on the urinal.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

Happens to me every so often; the first time when I was about 11. Yes, creepy. There's a reason we have "urinal etiquette".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mr.Obvious

When did I first notice men were looking at me in a sexual way?

I was eightteen and on my way to my senior prom. The cool thing was that it was on motherfucking boat. The 'Jan Plezier II' if I remember correctly. It would allow us to party and dance all night long going up and down the 'Schelde' in my hometown of Antwerp.
It so happened that my prom was on the same day as our local equivalent of a gay pride parade. Our version is called: NaviGAYtion. What this entails is that in the port-city of antwerp you'll find the harbor flooded with the LGBT community and those in favor of equal rights. You'll have a parade, festivities, parties, dancing on the street. Men and women in drag and costumes like sailors and whatever. Very festive, though kind of confusing as I had no idea it was on the same day. I arrived in a giant crowd of men wearing bright colours or hardly wearing anything at all. I was the only person in sight in a black blazer, dark long pants, a colored shirt and tidy shoes. And as I desperately made my way through the crowd, looking for my boat; I felt panic rise. I was late and couldn't find my own party boat amongst the many docked; having the same plan of going up and down the Schelde.
Right before one of my friends answered my text and helped me find my way a genuine truckload (as in driven in an open-roofed truck) of 'sailors' stopped right next to me.
One of them pointed out: "Oh, ziet die knappe jongen in zijn pak." (Translation: Oh, look at that handsome guy in his suit.") And whistled.
At the time I felt distressed. But later I realized it was more the situation of not finding my boat that had me frightened. I actually took the compliment when I was finally on my boat and prized myself on looking good enough to be noticed.
It was a fun night and I got shitfaced.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.