"When did you first notice that men were looking at you in a sexual way?"

Started by Valigarmander, April 12, 2015, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on April 13, 2015, 06:48:24 PM
You know I'm certain I've seen creepypastas written with that in mind, to a child, a stranger coming at them is terrifying enough.. but regardless just the matter that an adult would do that and have that in mind is what needs to be combated.

Its just a curious thing, why does this exist in the human mind even today, millions of years past our evolution from bonobos
Creepypastas? I don't know that word, but I sure like it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on April 13, 2015, 06:53:44 PM
Creepypastas? I don't know that word, but I sure like it.

its basically the term used for internet ghost and horror stories, written and usually narrated on youtube and other sites.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 13, 2015, 06:05:46 PM
Oh? And your getting angry because what I say seems horrible to you while I'm trying to stay calm and collected and discuss the natures of stuff which drives mermaid mad because the subject is something to get mad at. pickled your too protective of things.

Ignorant? LOL. I'm going deeper in the subject.
Drac, You seem to not understand why people are so angry with you, and despite them telling you, you're assuming it's them simply whining over something stupid.

Stop digging yourself a hole before it's even more above your head.

Munch

Yeah I don't quite get what your saying drac, you saying you think its an acceptable premise for those with a perverted mind to go after children because its their nature, because.. nah I'm certain you didn't mean it like that surely?

Mike Cl

This issue has two main components, as I see it, biological sexual urges and power and control.  Rape, for example, is not really much about sex, but about power and control.  Unfortunately in our society religion has assured the males that they are in charge because god made it so.  The big three religions reinforce that as well. This has created a large uphill battle for true equality for women.  I don't really see this changing much until the big three religions start losing influence.  However, I like to think that a 'real' man can control his urges.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

yeah, that is a matter a fact about it, especially when it comes to religion, sex = control. When you look into past studies, someone like Genghis Khan had several thousand women he slept with, as his want to dominate over everything, he did so with every woman he could.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 13, 2015, 07:10:22 PM
Drac, You seem to not understand why people are so angry with you, and despite them telling you, you're assuming it's them simply whining over something stupid.

Stop digging yourself a hole before it's even more above your head.

So why are people angry at me? I'm sorry cannot read your brains.

Quote from: Munch on April 13, 2015, 07:16:19 PM
Yeah I don't quite get what your saying drac, you saying you think its an acceptable premise for those with a perverted mind to go after children because its their nature, because.. nah I'm certain you didn't mean it like that surely?

If we were just simple beats yes.... oh now I see it's the programmed socital thinking that were not animals or beasts we are "civil" so we try to act above animals and that's why everyones angry because i said were fucking animals and its natural because our ancestors did it with no problems and because were animals our tribal alligator brain and our ego says no we are seperate and based on history and experiments proves that young girls are under devolped until young adulthood.

So to put it in english peeps think very angry like because I said its natural to look and talk to girls sexually which hurts their ego.

Munch

I think I see what your saying, as I addressed it before, if we simply look back in time at primitive man, even looking to the middle east in how some of them act as examples of the past, it is something that, as disgusting as it is, it is something that has occurred though human culture and society as far back as can be traced.

Of course it isn't an acceptable premise just because our primitive ancestors did it, and we do now live in a time of moral standards based on empathy for our own kind, looking from the view of a child how they would feel being raped by an adult is one of the most damaging things a child can endure.

Children before they develop have never wanted to have sex, because there isn't anything in there hormones then telling them they want it, and adults wanting to have sex with children is just a fucked up mentality, one I wish had more study into why they consider this an acceptable norm.

Draconic Aiur

AllPurposeAtheist

Do you wonder why our society is so utterly fucked up?

Small children dressed like mini-hookers and paraded around and 'adored'...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Draconic, try looking at this issue through the eyes of your daughter (or daughter to be) and what advice you would give her about this.  A whole new world opens up when you try to guide a daughter through our society.  Try watching a little TV with the eyes of a 5 yr. old girl; a 10yr old girl and a 14 year old girl.  What messages do you think you would be receiving?  What shows would you not allow her to watch and which would you let he watch if you watched it with her?  And I have no idea what I'd do now with social media.  I don't envy parents dealing with that whole issue.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 13, 2015, 07:26:09 PM

So why are people angry at me? I'm sorry cannot read your brains.
Here is a couple of the things people told you what is bothering them:

From MikeCl:
QuoteNo.  She means to say you are coming across as a zian fundamental zealot who does not listen to or even consider reason in a discussion.

From Mermaid:
QuoteI would never say anything about all men being bad and sex drive being wrong. You are blaming me for saying a lot of things I never said. Especially that all men are pigs and looking at women in a sexual way is wrong. I NEVER said that and I WOULD NOT say that.

MY ONLY POINT, AND I WILL PUT THIS IN ALL CAPS SO MAYBE YOU WILL READ IT: APPROACHING A CHILD SEXUALLY EVEN IF YOU DO NOT TOUCH HER HURTS THE CHILD. EVEN IF YOU DO NOT THINK IT DOES.

By the way, I never said anything about you being evil, either. I think you are filling in gaps and blaming me? Don't take out your frustrations on me please.

All I am asking is for you to not dig a bigger hole for yourself than you already have. Try not putting words in people's mouths and instead actually reading and possibly even considering what they have to say.

Munch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 13, 2015, 07:49:55 PM
Do you wonder why our society is so utterly fucked up?

Small children dressed like mini-hookers and paraded around and 'adored'...

The great fact of the matter is, I think just about everyone here has either been brought up in a more moral way of thinking by those around us, or we developed that moral centre ourselves, to know when we see children sexualized that its not an acceptable standard, in the same way we can now tell beheading is a violent and disgusting act.
Sadly though, going back just a couple of hundred years, our ancestors would gather to places to see people get beheaded for amusement.

I consider it a great development, to understand moral standards in protecting children from rapist, recognizing corruption in government and other organizations, understanding what is a human right worth standing up for, and knowing all this without a fictional deity telling us its what we need to accept and work towards.

I have never needed some outside influence telling me raping children is bad, I simple know its a sick thing to do. I just wish I knew why so many other people in the world don't know that just from instinct

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 13, 2015, 07:51:54 PM
Draconic, try looking at this issue through the eyes of your daughter (or daughter to be) and what advice you would give her about this.  A whole new world opens up when you try to guide a daughter through our society.  Try watching a little TV with the eyes of a 5 yr. old girl; a 10yr old girl and a 14 year old girl.  What messages do you think you would be receiving?  What shows would you not allow her to watch and which would you let he watch if you watched it with her?  And I have no idea what I'd do now with social media.  I don't envy parents dealing with that whole issue.

This is exactly what I mean. When we can put ourselves in the shoes our children, casting ourselves back to when we were kids even, we get a better understanding of what matters, how children engage in things, how they take in information.
It often surprises me when I hear the things coming from my 6 year old nephew when he's talking to me about the planets and solar system (my brothers raising him as the perfect little non-theist *wipes tears away*)

AllPurposeAtheist

Like it or not our society and every society puts a premium on beauty, youth and sexuality.. The reason is an evolutionary trait..procreation.. Of course the media and retailers capitalize on this and both men and women respond and retailers of fashion know that they have to continually sell to the younger audience. If you sell bikinis you'll go out of business pretty quick if your target consumers are 1950s teenage girls forever.. Those girls are now in their 60s and 70s.. Not to many 60 and 70 year old women are buying two piece bikinis..
We live in the world we have not the world we wish we had.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.