News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Used to like it, now can't stand it

Started by aitm, April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Could be anything, but Ima start with music. Used to love "American Pie" now can't stand it. Use to really like Stevie Wonder, now he grates on me, somewhat liked Jackson, now not so much. Used to enjoy AC/DC now it sounds like Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan singing Simon and Garfunkel....can't take em anymore. And it Pizza disappeared tomorrow (sorry Pick) I wouldn't miss it a bit.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

I used to like ham. Now I can't even look at it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

caseagainstfaith

Styx.  I was in high school in the 70's.  Styx Pieces of Eight tour was my first rock concert. At the time, I thought it was the greatest thing to happen to mankind.  Now I hate Styx.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Desdinova

Quote from: aitm on April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM
And it Pizza disappeared tomorrow (sorry Pick) I wouldn't miss it a bit.

Blasphemy! Pizza Cat is not happy!

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Hijiri Byakuren

Salmon. Used to like it. Now the smell is enough to make me queasy.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM
And it Pizza disappeared tomorrow (sorry Pick) I wouldn't miss it a bit.

AllPurposeAtheist

I once hitchhiked to Montana during a blizzard and somehow the cold didn't bother me.. Now I can barely stand air conditioning.. Forget hitchhiking..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solomon Zorn

I used to like a good sermon. Now, I don't even want to go to funerals anymore, because I have to sit through all that preaching.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mike Cl

Pickled pigs feet--now, just typing this made my skin crawl. 
My grandfather was straight from Sweden, and he had a small farm.  While he had a little livestock, nothing went to waste.  I remember him eating pickled pigs feet and joined him.  Loved it.  Now it's gag city just thinking about it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aroura33

Hey, interesting post, aitm.  I'm with you and pizza.  I used ot like it, now I get queasy anytime someone around me mentions we should get some. 

BTW, I'd like to point out this only counts for fast food pizza (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc.).  I really enjoy pizzas made by real pizzarias, with good, fresh toppings that don't include canned olives and mushrooms (gag).

Oh, that's one, used ot love canned olves as a kid.  I could eat tons of them.  Now I am very grossed out by their metallic taste.

I used to like pickled herring, now I can't figure out HOW I even used to like that stuff, lol.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

aitm

When they came out with these news video's instead of the written word I was all for it, it didn't take long for me to hate it. I can read it 10 times faster and be on to something else before they get done with the f-ing commercial....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

kilodelta

I dislike the news video clips as well... they seem to have less content than text articles.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mike Cl

Quote from: Aroura33 on April 10, 2015, 01:29:13 PM
Hey, interesting post, aitm.  I'm with you and pizza.  I used ot like it, now I get queasy anytime someone around me mentions we should get some. 

BTW, I'd like to point out this only counts for fast food pizza (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc.).  I really enjoy pizzas made by real pizzarias, with good, fresh toppings that don't include canned olives and mushrooms (gag).

Oh, that's one, used ot love canned olves as a kid.  I could eat tons of them.  Now I am very grossed out by their metallic taste.

I used to like pickled herring, now I can't figure out HOW I even used to like that stuff, lol.
Pickled herring--that brings back memories.  My grandfather would eat a jar of those things as a snack.  I thought they were nasty as a kid--horrid to think of now.  But then he was from the old country and put sugar on his lettuce.  Put a sugar cube in his mouth to drink his coffee.  Loved blood sausage and pault.  Didn't like much of what he ate, but I sure loved that guy!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?