Is The World Ready For A Gay Mormon Superhero?

Started by stromboli, April 09, 2015, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

I don't think I can deal with a mormon superhero in general...

the_antithesis

Yeah. He knocks on your door and destroys the damned thing.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 13, 2015, 04:39:59 PM
Yeah. He knocks on your door and destroys the damned thing.
More like a villain, if you ask me. Populating the planet full of his inbred brood of mormon minions. Terrifying.

Edit: I forgot that we were talking about a gay mormon superhero. Not really sure how that would work... although if he had some sort of superpower that impregnates men... then that would be diabolical....

GSOgymrat

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 13, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Edit: I forgot that we were talking about a gay mormon superhero. Not really sure how that would work...

It's all about the magic underwear.

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 14, 2015, 08:53:04 AM

It's all about the magic underwear.
Yeah, and most superheroes wear theirs on the outside anyway.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Desdinova

If Batman wasn't gay then he had to be bi-sexual.  I mean why did he keep Robin around for anyway?  Why do you suppose he was called the Boy Wonder?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Munch

Quote from: Desdinova on April 15, 2015, 03:58:12 PM
If Batman wasn't gay then he had to be bi-sexual.  I mean why did he keep Robin around for anyway?  Why do you suppose he was called the Boy Wonder?

The irony is, while it was never a thing DC would own up to if he was, when Wildstorm made The Authority series, two of the main characters in that was the openly gay couple, Apollo and Midnighter -

Yeah someone got the idea of what if there was a gay couple inspired on batman and superman, only they were dam violent in the stuff they got away with doing, making batman's no killing policy look saturday morningish.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Having worn the **Magic Underwear** for many years of my life, I can tell you it protects just about as well as a badly made flimsy Tshirt, which is really what it is. I was an aircraft welder at Hill AFB for 10+ years while finishing my degree. You stand in one spot running welds with stick or wire gun for 8 hours, you get spatter. It don't protect you nohow, coveralls included.