News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A crash course in Orgones

Started by PickelledEggs, April 04, 2015, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I was at work today and as it wound down towards the end of the day, this guy came in. He spotted my pendant I wear on my necklace, complimented me about it and asked me where I got it. After I told him that I made it, he told me that I must have enjoyed looking in to Egyptian mythology because it looked like it represented a lot of significance.

Right now, I'm thinking "Oh cool. this guy is in to mythology too. It's not some religious nut telling me I worship satan or the illuminati again."

I was wrong...
Hilariously wrong.

He asks me to show him to the clays and resin casting stuff and all of a sudden he gives me a crash course in the one of the most hilarious conglomeration of pseudoscience I have ever heard.

He tells me that he is looking to make crystal pyramids out of acrylic resin and he appreciates that I have a pyramid around my neck because of what a pyramid is; an electricity generator. It clears the air of clouds and negative and harmful orgones and helps add good orgones and energy to the air. This helps heal people, heal the earth, help plants grow, helps clear chemtrails.... because pyramids generate energy and shoots the energy to the stars.

There was a bit more he told me, but it was really just repeating the rest of that in different words...

Such a good laugh. LMAO

Anyway. This is the wikipedia entry for orgones. It is so weird... and not surprisingly, right on the top of the page it even notes that it is widely regarded as a pseudoscience.

stromboli

Read a book written back in the 60's by Orson Bean, the stage actor, who was heavily into the beliefs of Wilhelm Reich, a contemporary of Sigmund Freud. Book was called "Me and the Orgone" and discussed Reich's work. He was basically blackballed by the psychiatrists of his day and was kind of similar to Nicola Tesla, or at least seen that way. It all went along with pyramid power and other woo of that period.

the whole idea was something about Orgonomic energy that was everywhere- kind of like The Force- that could be collected and focused by building boxes of a certain design and staying inside them for a time. Theoretically a pyramid built to the dimensions of the Great Pyramid in Egypt at Khufu could focus energy and sharpen razor blades, or some shit. I actually tried that- built a pyramid to sharpen razor blades. Didn't work. Supposedly sleeping under a similar pyramid was supposed to unlock your subconscious and make you more sexually potent, or whatever. Never got past the razor blade sharpener, so I can't tell you if it works.

aitm

sounds like real science to me….cause the bible says so….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

renasimplified

Aaaaaaand there's a good laugh for the day.

Although in real life I end up just staring at them blankly. Do I look too sweet for them to take me seriously? I should get a tattoo!

aitm

Quote from: renasimplified on April 04, 2015, 11:34:54 PM
I should get a tattoo!

I know I will get some heat for this but I hope you don't get a tat. I have always had this feeling that tats are as much a "message" as they are for covering something up.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

There's this point you reach when conversing with some people when you say to yourself "OK, this person is bonkers." Then you make excuses to leave... "Oh, is that the time? I'm supposed to meet my friend in 5 minutes.... sorry, gotta go..."
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Sal1981

"I'll drink to that".

[spoiler]It's an insult around these parts, means you're spouting bullshit and you need an alcoholic beverage to stomach it.[/spoiler]

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Atheon on April 05, 2015, 12:58:56 PM
There's this point you reach when conversing with some people when you say to yourself "OK, this person is bonkers." Then you make excuses to leave... "Oh, is that the time? I'm supposed to meet my friend in 5 minutes.... sorry, gotta go..."
I was enjoying myself from how ridiculous he was and how serious he was about what he was talking about way too much to walk away. I laughed for a good 5 min after he left the store.

kilodelta

QuoteAlso, orgone energy causes an involuntary pelvic thrusting motion, which Reich called the "orgasm reflex". The orgasm reflex can appear from activities other than an actual orgasm, and Reich claimed to see it in some of his patients during vegetotherapy. This motion is related to Reich's dividing of universal forces in to suction and pushing actions.

I think I've seen some videos of vegetotherpy... some girls seem to really like it.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

Hey Molly- gonna knock your socks off!
Start the day off in an Orgone Box!
Just an hour and then a shower
All day long you'll ready to rock!

kilodelta

That box will not work without pyramids...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

renasimplified

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 05, 2015, 03:15:45 PM
"I'll drink to that".

[spoiler]It's an insult around these parts, means you're spouting bullshit and you need an alcoholic beverage to stomach it.[/spoiler]

Ohhhhh this is good. I will add it to my secret sarcasm pool for when I have to be nice, but really am not. yessssss!