News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Isn't dark skin better than light skin

Started by Ace101, March 31, 2015, 03:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace101

Not a racist at all - but just technically speaking, isn't dark skin better from an evolutionary POV than light skin? Since it provides better protection from the sun?

Valigarmander

Darker skin does provide better protection against UV radiation. But lighter skin is able to produce more vitamin D than darker skin. In hot Africa, having greater resistance to UV radiation is far more beneficial than higher vitamin D production. Moving north into cooler climates, the selective pressure for UV resistance weakens; darker skin becomes less valuable in comparison to the increased vitamin D production provided by lighter pigmentation. Not surprisingly, populations living in areas that receive higher amounts of UV radiation (typically near the equator) tend to have darker skin tones than those living closer to the poles.

Dark skin is the ancestral state for all modern humans. Some populations who migrated from Africa came to acquire lighter skin; some later populations would reacquire dark skin upon migrating from colder climates to hotter ones again.

Both light and dark skin provide different, minor benefits. The palette of human skin tones is a result of natural selection balancing these benefits as human populations migrated around the world.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Awesome dude. You earned 3 likes and at least 2 internets for that response.

aitm

Not to mention that darker skin makes it easier to see where that person is looking thus the need to wear sunglasses in a nightclub so one can stare at tits without getting caught.......

wat?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on March 31, 2015, 12:33:32 PM
Not to mention that darker skin makes it easier to see where that person is looking thus the need to wear sunglasses in a nightclub so one can stare at tits without getting caught.......

wat?

Lol. Being the ugly dude I am I get dirty looks just glancing in the same direction as a woman. I learned not to frequent nightclubs when single because boy friends would want to pick fights with me just because I looked in that general direction.

Jason78

It's not better.  It's just different.

Edit: What Valigarmander said :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

I personally find it better, but solely for personal reasons.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Most light skin women are fucking hotter than dark skin hos.......WHITE POWER!!!!

someone had to say it

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 01, 2015, 03:28:49 AM
Most light skin women are fucking hotter than dark skin hos.......WHITE POWER!!!!

someone had to say it

I hope that was a joke (obviously not the white power bit), because dark skin women blow white women out of the water 90% of the time.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on April 01, 2015, 11:58:39 AM
Mixed race. Mmmmmmmm..........

Honestly, I'm finding as I get older and kinda discovering what I like rather than what I've been told to like... mixed race and African just continues to be more and more beautiful. I use to be more of a Latina guy, but I think mixed race and many black girls are just as beautiful. Main reason I didn't find them so before I think is because I wasn't suppose to.

Just cant do white/pasty skin. It just looks sickly to me. Not to say I would be like, "You're such a cool person, but I would never date you!"... but I wouldn't have that initial attraction to draw me to them.

Jason78

Quote from: Shiranu on April 01, 2015, 11:48:09 AM
I hope that was a joke (obviously not the white power bit), because dark skin women blow white women out of the water 90% of the time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason78 on April 01, 2015, 12:56:04 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To an extent. Mixed is genetically superiour though in that it reduces that chances of genetic diseases by alot, so there is an evolutionary drive to like mixing.

Atheon

Quote from: Shiranu on April 01, 2015, 11:48:09 AM
Best sex I've ever had has been with non-white women.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca