Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child. How Many Children Are Made Into Psychopaths?

Started by Solitary, March 29, 2015, 01:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Seems more like a rare case. The thing with psychosis is it isn't fully determined the cause of it, but suspected it might be more biological, like something not developing right in the child.

There are many cases of children who were abused by their parents, who managed to grow up and live normal productive lives, and then there are children who had loving, affirmative and good parents, where the child still grows up into a deranged killer.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Never got spanked personally, but my mama punched me once. Long story..... Knew kids that got paddled growing up that turned out all right, knew one guy that was abusive to his kids because he was abused growing up. He was a bad person all around, racist and not much of a loving guy by any account. But I learned not to judge without knowing the whole story. Guy might just be a natural asshole, you never know.

Ace101

From what I've read - the studies shows that growing up around abusive people contributes to becoming a sociopath, however abuse by itself doesn't necessarily so.

If a child grows up around anti-social parents though they're more likely to emulate their behavior later in life.