Catholic Priests Stirring Up Yogaphobia (?)

Started by stromboli, March 27, 2015, 02:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2015, 09:19:59 AM
I'm going to go prancersize through the mobile home park in my shorts and tank top. After that, nobody will bother me again.

Please please get a go-pro camera mounted on your head so we can watch the fun and fireworks…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Actually not that stupid. Some of these people have guns.

Brian37

And yet one more reason as much as I love my friends on the left, both atheist and theists, bat shit nut claims like this story, are even why I say it is a bad idea to play nice with words in every context as a blanket solution to civility. There sill is a huge difference between bullying and merely getting offended. Idiotic statements that yoga (while no more valid than any other personal like) is going to lead to the destruction of humanity, does not deserve blind value.

Humans need to learn the difference, INCLUDING ATHEISTS, between rights and claims. Saying that Yoga will lead to lawlessness is absurd and it should be given no cover other than these idiots rights to say stupid shit like this. You can claim the moon is made of cheese, and others have the right to say BULLSHIT.

Civility isn't in being free from having your claims trashed. Civility is how you respond when you get offended.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

boy if that doesn't reek Satan, nothing does.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2015, 01:59:36 PM

boy if that doesn't reek Satan, nothing does.

that gives me the evil satan stiffy yes looking at it..er…..her.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote...When you take up those practices from other cultures, which are outside our Christian domain, you don’t know what you are opening yourself up to.

This sums up their entire objection to it. The rest is just fluff. Different culture = baaaaaaad!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

doorknob

and just when I thought they couldn't get any nuttier. Silly me.

stromboli

Quote from: doorknob on March 31, 2015, 08:18:34 AM
and just when I thought they couldn't get any nuttier. Silly me.

Hey, we're talking about Catholic priests here. That's a registered brand of nut bag with its own trademark.