News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

101 reasons not to be an atheist

Started by Logical One, March 26, 2015, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:biggrin2: :lol: :rotflmao: I just love it when Christian apologists come here that think they have absolute truth when all they have is ignorance from ancient texts, and know without a doubt God loves them even though He can send them to hell in a hand basket on a whim, like he has allowed for 6,000+ years of history every person, even innocent children, that have burned alive. I think the worst part about religion is how fucking silly the whole invisible magic man in the sky is.  :madu: :kidra: :cool: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Logical One on March 26, 2015, 06:45:01 PM
Its only fair this forum have the other end of the spectrum. Censoring so would be a violation of free speech and prove the forum only allows one side of an argument. I'll start:
1. It gives no hope for the afterlife.

Ok,  that's one. Your hope for an afterlife doesn't make it come true.  It's just hope. If it were as easy as that, just hoping things into existence - well, there'd be so much less suffering in this world. 100 to go, if you count your first lame attempt.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Munch

Funny thing, I remember a plot point in final fantasy X, where Yuna discovers all she believed in was a lie, that it was a continuous cycle of sacrifice and death, and she made the statement she would go save people now without false hope, the one her religion made her believe.

Thats all you really have, you make some bold statements about how you don't follow the bible fully because "It was written by man and is interchangeable", but in another post you make broad statements about how you 'know' there is an afterlife, the same afterlife these same people that wrote the bible and other religions made up.

Infact its pretty hypocritical to say you think the bible holds half truths, where the ones YOU believe in are the only truths in it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Solitary

Let's not let facts get in the way of the TRUTH! The overwhelming amount of people older than six have believed in an invisible Magic Man---not female!---in the sky for thousands of year and even today. And it has always been a minority of atheist, even under six years old for thousands of years, it's logical with Logical One's spooky logic that atheists are wrong and the religious people are correct. Even little children can believe in fairy tails, only stupid atheists can't.  :eek: :lol: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :madu: :kidra: :cool: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I believe cherry picking xtians will be reincarnated into cherries.. Those drab, tasteless marchiano cherries in fruit cocktail and be thrown by small children in crowded school cafeterias.
The down side as an atheist is I'll never be a small child again..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 26, 2015, 08:06:47 PM
The down side as an atheist is I'll never be a small child again..

Yes, no more bed wetting, no more wishing for being able to reach the top shelf, no more being told why you can't stay up past 8pm.
I'll take childhood innocence, and raise you awe and wonder at the universe and how vast it is.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Its only fair this forum have the other end of the spectrum, (you know the stupid part that is religion). Censoring so would be a violation of free speech (even though I admit I am pretty fucking stupid), and prove the forum only allows one side of an argument.(despite the fact that I have only read one thread so I must be a fucking expert about this place) I'll start:
1. It gives no hope for the afterlife. (because after all, an after life after a miserable life here would certainly be a fucking improvement eh? LOLOOL)

mildly edited by aitm
Its only fair this forum have the other end of the spectrum, (you know the stupid part that is religion). Censoring so would be a violation of free speech (even though I admit I am pretty fucking stupid), and prove the forum only allows one side of an argument.(despite the fact that I have only read one thread so I must be a fucking expert about this place) I'll start:
1. It gives no hope for the afterlife. (because after all, an after life after a miserable life here would certainly be a fucking improvement eh? LOLOOL)

mildly edited by aitm
1: you are assuming freedom of speech applies everywhere.
2: you are assuming freedom of speech is also freedom from consequence
3: this IS an atheist forum... It is to be expected that the main postings about religion is how it is bullshit/fact-less brainwashing dribble... and while for the most part we are open to opposing views, it IS required that if you are bringing up your view, it is supported by empirical evidence.

Although... the majority of us oppose bigoted, human-rights crushing bullshit... which at it's core is what religions, especially Abraham religions, teach (if you've actually read the bible, you would know that it teaches those things)

4: Enjoy your short stay. You are now on borrowed time.

Aroura33

Well this guy is obvious troll, but I'll play along.

7. Being trusted about equally as a convicted rapist just because I don't believe in someone else's fairy tale = Lame.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 26, 2015, 10:09:38 PM

4: Enjoy your short stay. You are now on borrowed time.

I've thought of how harleys hammer is like the sword of Damocles ^^

Mr.Obvious

8. I have to actually do something usefull before getting a sense of accomplishment, rather than just praying.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Its only fair this forum have the other end of the spectrum, (you know the stupid part that is religion). Censoring so would be a violation of free speech (even though I admit I am pretty fucking stupid), and prove the forum only allows one side of an argument.
This is a forum for atheists.  It's not a public institution.  That you are even allowed there is entirely because of the good graces of extraordinarily lenient moderators, not because of free speech laws.  And while I have little interest in your religious drivel, most here will welcome your comments, as they criticize them in rebuttal.  But don't play the victim and act like your free speech is being compromised.  Free speech doesn't mean that everyone else has to buy your bullshit, or even consider it for merit, and it doesn't mean everyone is obligated to think you're a great guy.  The very fact that you come to an atheist forum to tell people about your stupid religion suggests an ulterior motive, which doesn't help your image.

Munch

Put it this way "logical one", I would not walk into a church and say to everyone there that there is no such thing or proof of God, because that is not neutral ground, it is a gathering spot for Christians to tout there make believe between each other, and I consider myself a gentleman enough to not do such things within their own institution.

So that applies same to you when coming to an atheist forum, which all you've done is step on tails and muddied the water.

In a neutral setting, like at a university, public area, place of work, you would have more open ground to do what your doing here, but if you think you have some ordained right to talk shit to atheists on an atheist forum, it's not going to get you very far.

Better question, why exactly are you on this forum? What's the aim here?

doorknob

mildly edited by aitm

there is no guarantee of an after life that is why I only concern my self with the one life I know for a fact I have, THIS ONE! and I wouldn't say there's no hope many cultures believe there is an after life with or with out religion. SO being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean no after life. I just don't pretend to know there is one or make claims about what that life is.