News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

101 reasons not to be an atheist

Started by Logical One, March 26, 2015, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

98. I get to have special days or times of the days off to pray to my imaginary friend, while everyone else has to take my shifts.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

kilodelta

99. I can add unique items to my military uniform... thus, I could wear a military non-uniform.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

GrinningYMIR

98. As a non atheist I have a whole army to back me and protest whenever I feel like I'm being mistreated by the filthy heathens.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

Are we going down so that we never hit 101?

97. I can get people to treat me special based on my personal belief in gods.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

98. I can screw off my whole life and then claim Jesus seconds before I die and know I'll be saved.

Mr.Obvious

99. Swearing on the bible in court has some logic to it.

(Should be 100 with kilodelta's counting down. But we forgot about 92. anyways.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Atheon

99.1: I can register as a conscientious objector and have it be believable. (For some reason, conscientiously objecting to war is not enough to be a conscientious objector.)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solomon Zorn

Figuring 99.1 makes up for missing 92, here goes:

100 - I can get tax-exempt status for teaching whatever fucked-up world-view I can conceive in the name of God.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

GrinningYMIR

101. I get to make a list about why its better to not be an atheist
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

I feel we should have the op give us 101. If he's still around
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin