News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Global Warming? Big Deal!

Started by Solitary, March 26, 2015, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Not to worry.. In a few short years it's all going to reverse anyway because the republican congress has a plan in place to pray the problem away and even if they fail the rich dudes can always move inland and force us non-praying heathens to live in Miami or other suitable places..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

I already have plans for a surfboard shop in the Sierra Nevadas.

trdsf

Interesting that this is coming from a business publication rather than a science or advocacy publication.  I always figured it would take a direct hit on the pocketbook for people to finally start doing something about anthropogenic climate change.

I figure it this way anyway: if by some mischance the climatologists are wrong and there is no long term warming trend, then if we follow their advice, the worst that we suffer is reduced dependence on foreign oil, cleaner air, and a more efficient power grid based more on renewable energy sources.  Oh, and some megawealthy oil exec might be ever so slightly less megawealthy.

If on the other hand the climate change deniers are wrong, then if we follow their advice the worst we suffer is total extinction as a species as the environment becomes too warm to support complex life.

Seems pretty clear to me.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

hrdlr110

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 26, 2015, 01:09:01 PM
Not to worry.. In a few short years it's all going to reverse anyway because the republican congress has a plan in place to pray the problem away and even if they fail the rich dudes can always move inland and force us non-praying heathens to live in Miami or other suitable places..

Coastal Nebraska!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: hrdlr110 on March 26, 2015, 06:28:55 PM
Coastal Nebraska!
Is it to late to invest in Nebraska mountainside beach front condos?

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 26, 2015, 06:37:03 PM
Is it to late to invest in Nebraska mountainside beach front condos?

I have been on a Nebraska mountain. Wasn't impressed.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on March 26, 2015, 08:40:45 PM
I have been on a Nebraska mountain. Wasn't impressed.
YOU stood on a flat girl's titties? I'm impressed..

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 26, 2015, 09:09:38 PM
YOU stood on a flat girl's titties? I'm impressed..

Yeah, that about describes it.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on March 26, 2015, 01:18:58 PM
I already have plans for a surfboard shop in the Sierra Nevadas.

I am hunting for lots around the soon to be much larger Mobile Bay that start at around 210 feet above sea level and extend to at least 300 feet so I can leave my great great great nieces and nephews some beach front property...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Solitary

The Churches and THE CHURCH are suppose to be sanctuaries, I hope all those displaced people take them up on it and break their banks. (No pun intended!)  :madu: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.