News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mother Teresa Was A Bitch

Started by stromboli, March 05, 2013, 10:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/as ... 07530.html

QuoteMother Teresa may have spent her life looking after the sick and poor, but researchers from Montreal and Ottawa universities have now raised questions over the 'dubious' nature of her care, as well querying her "questionable" political contacts.

The researchers also raised concerns over the Nobel Peace Prize winner's 'suspicious' financial arrangements, which saw large sums of money transferred into 'secret' bank accounts.

Writing in the Journal of Studies in Religion/Sciences after analysing around 300 documents surrounding Mother Teresa's life, Dr Serge Larivie and Dr Genevieve Chenard say they have uncovered details that compromise the Albanian-born nun's saintly image.

They claim that many of the 'missions' set up by Mother Teresa were unfit for their inhabitants, calling them 'homes for the dying' due to their poor hygiene and a shortage of food, care and medication.

The researchers believe a lack of money cannot be the reason for the poor conditions however, as Mother Teresa raised hundreds of millions during her lifetime, although much of that money appears to have vanished in into several 'secret' bank accounts the nun kept.

The researchers also questioned why, despite openly offering prayers and medallions bearing depictions of the Virgin Mary, Mother Teresa provided no direct or monetary aid to victims of a number of natural disasters in India.

Dr Larivie says: "Given the parsimonious management of Mother Teresa's works, one may ask where the millions of dollars for the poorest of the poor have gone?"

QuoteThe researchers went on to query Mother Teresa's politics and political contacts, accusing her of accepting a financial grant from the brutal Duvalier dictatorship, which is deemed responsible for the murders of over 30,000 Haitians between 1957 and 1986.

They also accuse Mother Teresa of spreading hardline right wing Catholic ideology, saying she held "overly dogmatic views regarding, in particular, abortion, contraception and divorce."

The Catholic Church is a fucking joke.

DunkleSeele

Nothing new under the sun...

NitzWalsh

One of my favourite quotes from her is "Are you suffering? That's Jesus kissing you."
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

ApostateLois

She valued suffering over anything else--for others, but not for herself. Her charities were filthy hovels lacking in basic hygiene, medicines, pain killers, and caretakers, while she herself went to the best hospitals to receive expensive medical care whenever she was sick. She was a fucking hypocrite and a con-woman, no better than Pat Roberson, Creflo Dollar, or any of the many other shysters who prey upon the gullible. I am glad she is dead.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

AllPurposeAtheist

See what a good PR firm can do for you when the care you give the poor is no care?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Thumpalumpacus

Yeah, Hitchens does a great job dissecting her bullshit too.
<insert witty aphorism here>

zacherystaylor

I got to admit I was partially fooled by this propaganda. When Hitchens ranked on her I agreed with some of his statements about abortion but thought that despite that she might have been doing the best she could based on her beliefs which often backfired in practice.

You're source does seem to fit with the pattern of behavior of the Church.

Can't dispute the claim that the Catholic Church is a fucking joke, a bad joke.

Brian37

Hitchens wrote a book about her long ago, and now the media is just catching on.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Brian37"Hitchens wrote a book about her long ago, and now the media is just catching on.

Better late than never.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Outnumbered

Those who seem to pray the most, in reality prey the most.

NeoLogic26

Quote from: "Outnumbered"Those who seem to pray the most, in reality prey the most.
I like it. Who should I make the royalty checks out to? I plan on using this in the future.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Brian37

Quote from: "Outnumbered"Those who seem to pray the most, in reality prey the most.
Yep, you need an audience to sell your Kool Aid.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "stromboli"The Catholic Church is a fucking joke.
True.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Yeah, Hitchens does a great job dissecting her bullshit too.

Yeah, The Rick Copelande has recommended "The Missionary Position" to many. It's an entertaining, informative, and short read. One of Hitchens' major points about her donations (that Mommy Teresa could have built a world class researech and teaching hospital with her donation but preferred to give the money to the Catholic church to further it's regressive polices while she basically built a shitt hospice and sterilized toold with boiling water) is seriosuly worth the consideration of anyone who doesn't get that Mommy Teresay is possibly the most overrated person of her era...

The book (essentailly a longer version of a pamphlet) might be out of print. But there's a reason Hitchens was brought in as the Devil's advocate to argue againts her cannonization...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "zacherystaylor"Can't dispute the claim that the Catholic Church is a fucking joke, a bad joke.

Calling the Catholic chuirch a "joke" is misstating it. By and large the organization is an enemy of humanity...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."