Someone figured out how to help a blind woman see an ultrasound of her baby

Started by PickelledEggs, May 12, 2015, 07:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Gawd forbid that the same blind woman would want an abortion.. I can just see the republicans go batshit insisting she would HAVE TO see the 3D model of the fetus..   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 12, 2015, 07:47:15 PM
Gawd forbid that the same blind woman would want an abortion.. I can just see the republicans go batshit insisting she would HAVE TO see the 3D model of the fetus..   
I think it's a great idea. If I was a mom, I might want a refund if I got an ugly baby.... :rotflmao:

AllPurposeAtheist

You know...My mother never saw any of us before we were born and she had 6 of us.. Amazingly all but one of us survived.  It IS possible to have children without first seeing them.. Gawd, I hate having to sit through some woman's photo gallery of her ultrasound pictures of her kids..

Mermaid

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 12, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
You know...My mother never saw any of us before we were born and she had 6 of us.. Amazingly all but one of us survived.  It IS possible to have children without first seeing them.. Gawd, I hate having to sit through some woman's photo gallery of her ultrasound pictures of her kids..
Ultrasound is a diagnostic tool, not just a way for parents to see their baby.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mermaid on May 12, 2015, 08:51:15 PM
Ultrasound is a diagnostic tool, not just a way for parents to see their baby.
Yes, I'm aware of what an ultrasound is used for.. I've had my heart peeked at many times with ultrasounds not to mention my liver and several other internal organs.. They don't usually give me a picture to take home to share with everyone.. They did give me a picture of my blocked artery though..

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp