News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Could you see how I'm doing?

Started by TheDevoutPasta, March 04, 2013, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDevoutPasta

I got into a bit of an informal debate on another forum, it's really my first extended debate so i think i probably have made some mistakes but i still want to see where i could have done better. Also i'm not sure if i outlined logical fallacies correctly.

My name on the forum: PSN-Rasta_dezz

http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11288
I started talking about page 3

http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11309
This was a result of the previous thread, i was trying to explain evolution, not sure if i did it well.

-Please keep in mind that this is a game forum so many of us are kids, excuse the stupidity please, the game is great.
"The criticism of the atrocities inherent to religion is an undeniable prerequisite of societal progress."

Zatoichi

You're doing just fine in my opinion.

Hope you continue with that second thread... seems a bit left hangin'

The one whacko theist (with the weird kiddish cartoon avatar) only argument is the, "I haven't seen any evidence..." as if nothing is real until HE PERSONALLY acknowledges it. He is also perpetuating so many falsehoods about evolution; that scientists simply make shit up, etc, that's designed to portray science as a haphazardly, reckless and unorganized discipline... it attempts to completely discredit science in general. The fact that someone uses a fucking computer, communicating with a wireless router, connecting to a cable feed, connected to world wide servers though sat links, while sitting in a centrally heated home under electric light... and he manages to portray science as being practiced by bumbling morons, is just simply astounding! ](*,)

Hope you stick with that discussion to the end. Unfortunately, once you start such a debate, you must follow through and cannot leave any bullshit unanswered, if simply for the sake of browsers reading who might otherwise not know the difference. Don't let that moron mislead the public. Your OP on that second thread pretty much set the entire issue to rest. How anyone can read those facts and even begin to argue is bizarro!

Keep it up. You're kicking some serious ass!

And please post updates to this thread.

:fsm:
"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List