News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Powdered Alcohol: Really?

Started by SGOS, March 14, 2015, 07:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Did I mention I'm a retired MMC(SW)?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 14, 2015, 07:37:18 PM
There's always Schlitz.. When you're out of Schlitz you're out of money..

Just in:  Samuel Adams tops the list of Americans' favorite beers, or specifically the highest ranking beer for brand loyalty.  I'm not sure how you measure brand loyalty, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's a top seller.  But there you have it!  Of course, you know I don't drink alcohol.  I'm just a disinterested beer analyst trying to make a name for myself.  :biggrin:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/03/14/when-it-comes-to-beer-americans-prefer-this-brand.aspx

QuoteCraft beer remains king
Sitting atop this year's brand loyalty rankings as America's favorite regular and light beers are Boston Beer's (NYSE: SAM  )  Sam Adams and Sam Adams Light.

Why is Boston Beer, the company behind Sam Adams beers, dominating when it comes to brand loyalty? The bulk of the answer has to do with its ability to think small while growing into a notably large beer producer.

For instance, Sam Adams has an extensive lineup of regular, seasonal, and limited-edition beers. This assortment allows Sam Adams to appeal to both beer snobs, which I'm not afraid to say I've called myself before, as well as the typical beer consumer. In other words, there's a palatable taste in this line-up for most, as well as a price point for practically everyone. To be clear, Budweiser, Coors, and Miller are going to be able to undercut Sam Adams on price, but the sheer variation of flavors is more than enough encouragement for consumers to pony up the extra cash.

Another key point is that Boston Beer's founder Sam Koch is good at driving home the point that Sam Adams is a people's beer. He appears in most of the company's commercials, often dressed in casual clothing and interacting with beer drinkers on a personal level. If the CEO is willing to get dunked into a tank of beer for a commercial, it shows he's a down-to-earth leader. And aside from its beer offerings, Boston Beer has garnered a reputation as being a great place to work under Koch's leadership. Ultimately, Boston Beer is a company people can get behind -- and be proud to enjoy its products.

Relative to its big beer peers, it's tough to see Sam Adams or Sam Adams Light losing their top ranking anytime soon. For investors, this exceptional loyalty toward the brand should translate into stronger sales and bigger profits. If 2014 was any indication -- sales growth of 22% and adjusted EPS growth of 29% -- then investors are probably in for a pleasant increase in value over the long term.

Gawdzilla Sama

Strange then that the Sam Adams ads brag that they only have 0.1% of beer sales in the US.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 15, 2015, 08:11:08 AM
Strange then that the Sam Adams ads brag that they only have 0.1% of beer sales in the US.
This may be true.  The research (for what it's worth) measures customer loyalty, not sales.  Although, given the number of people I hear talking about Sam Adams, I would think it would be higher then a tenth of a percent.

stromboli

I've tried Sam Adams and frankly not my favorite, nor their ale either. And I see it everywhere- that includes Idaho, Montana, Colorado and Arizona- so I'd question that 0.1% myself. Not sure that any beer that heavily advertised nationally can be considered a craft beer. You can now buy craft beers everywhere; even in Utah for fucks sake. We've got Polygamy Porter and Pay Lay Ale here, among others (both names a sarcastic slap at Mormonism)

And every hangover I had came from mixing types of alcohol, like wine and beer.

AllPurposeAtheist

I drank a bottle of non-powdered brandy last night.. Amazingly no hangover.. WTF?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

stromboli

"would you like a little of this powdered Tang to sweeten your drink, my dear?"  :madu:

AllPurposeAtheist

I mixed Johnny Walker with Christian Brothers brandy.. Not to awful hateful so far.. The morning verdict awaits   

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: stromboli on March 15, 2015, 12:13:22 PM
We've got Polygamy Porter and Pay Lay Ale here...
You should buy a couple of cases.  The bottles might be collector items some day.

AllPurposeAtheist

How about a beer called A lesbian in a man's bottle..?

Solitary

Don't go there, she'll kick your ass!  :fU: :shhh: :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.