47 GOP Senators break federal law, send open letter to Iranian leaders.

Started by Valigarmander, March 10, 2015, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: kilodelta on March 12, 2015, 03:11:41 PM
Yes. Let's tell people that if we make an agreement with them, we'll just turn around and do whatever anyway. That's a great way to build trust.

about a million indians rolled over in their graves..at least the ones we haven't scattered about. But yeah, our gov'ment, trust is key with them rats.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

trdsf

Yes. Let's tell people that if we make an agreement with them, we'll just turn around and do whatever anyway. That's a great way to build trust.

I'm willing to bet if democrats did this, there would be a ton of cries for calling up a firing squad.

Oh, they don't need a crime for that.  One teabagger has essentially called for members of the Congressional Black Caucus to be lynched in front of the Capitol for not attending Nutty Yahoo... er, sorry, Netanyahu's campaign event... er, sorry, invited speech to the joint assembly.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm willing to bet if democrats did this, there would be a ton of cries for calling up a firing squad.
Democrats would have been called 'unpatriotic' because the rube chicken hawks would play up their credentials of always starting wars that they can't finish so IF a rube is elected to the presidency you can count on war and worse, the draft because enlistment is way the hell down so poor people's kids will get shipped off to fight and the rubes can sit back as always and deny any culpability and blame it all on Obama for not getting the agreement with Iran..
To say they screwed the pooch this time would be tantamount to saying that the Pacific ocean is moist..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 12, 2015, 08:22:30 PM
To say they screwed the pooch this time would be tantamount to saying that the Pacific ocean is moist..

It's hard to believe anyone but a crazy person wouldn't hold this against the GOP in the next election.  But I'm always dumbfounded at the ridiculous things they do that their constituents defend.  But the game (and it is a game) is not to do anything constructive.  The whole point is to monkeywrench anything Obama does.  If it is contrary to the interests of the United States, it's fine if it causes Obama to fail.  Rush Limbaugh outlined this strategy 7 years ago, and the GOP has been doing their best to make Rush's strategy work.  They don't need to gain the favor of Democratic voters who would never vote for them anyway.  They just want to fuck things up.

I'm not sure how this strategy turns out to be a win, but I'm thinking it will.  Republicans have a lot of staying power, and as bad as they are, many vote for them as the lesser of evils.  They just have to make sure Obama fails at most everything, probably so voters don't see him (and by extension, Democrats in Congress) as competent.

Jason Harvestdancer

Jon Stewart comments on this issue.

It gets very good at the 4 minute mark, and then really very good at the 4:45 mark.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

trdsf

Also, why is no one commenting on the fact that nearly half the upper house of Congress just sent a letter to a foreign nation saying, "Yeah, we're America, the way we work is that our word isn't worth shit."?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan