“Be Careful With Mohammed”

Started by pr126, March 08, 2015, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

“Be Careful With Mohammed”

QuoteThe Muslim Action Forum (MAF), which staged a protest outside Downing Street against Charlie Hebdo in February, has launched a "legal strategy" to stop insults against Mohammed.

The organisation is also asking supporters to "lobby your MP" to make "Islamophobia" a criminal offence.

They state that they intend "to launch a series of legal challenges in the English Court system" because "depictions of our Holy Prophet peace be upon Him is the worst kind of 'Hate Crime' that can be perpetrated on the 3 million Muslims in the UK and 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide."

The group says that they have "devised a legal strategy to prevent the continuous insulting and derogatory publications depicting and abusing the personality of our Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him."

In a press release published shortly after the demonstration in February 2015, the MAF set out details of their plan to outlaw depicting Mohammed in the UK, through "amendment of some existing legislation and the presentation of a Private Members Bill that promotes the idea of Global Civility."

This kind of idolatry is unique in human history.

No other person ever lived gets this type of reverence.
Cult of personality carried to the extreme, where the whole planet can be threathened with death, if they do not respect the founder of the cult of Islam.
Each and every Muslim can be judge, jury and executoner should they perceive any disrespect from anyone to their idol.

Munch

Shouldn't be "Be careful Of Mohammed"? This should be a warning to children, be careful of old men named Mohammed, he may want to marry you at age 4
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Aridhale

So the worst type of Hate Crime is towards someone who is dead over a thousand years but murdering completely defenceless cartoon artists in the here and now, having real consequences, is somehow supposed to be okay in light of this "hate crime" ...

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on March 08, 2015, 10:36:30 AM
The organisation is also asking supporters to "lobby your MP" to make "Islamophobia" a criminal offence.
Not sure about Islamaphobia, but I do think we need to criminalize Obsessive Compulsive disorder and epilepsy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Don't forget that none of this has anything to do with Islam.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aletheia

Hm... wouldn't money be better spent offering mandatory therapy for recently immigrated Muslims for mental illness (especially if they've originated in a war-torn country) and learning how to let things go? I remember listening to the radio about the extremely high percentage of PTSD that remains untreated in areas like Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. This disorder is notorious for making people fearful, aggressive, possessive, and extremely paranoid.

Yes, on one hand, their religion compels them to such ridiculous extremes, and on the other, quite a few are refugees who have been traumatized recently and/or most of their lives. It's not wise to underestimate the effect a religion like Islam can have on a mind disrupted by repeated trauma.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

Quote from: Solitary on March 08, 2015, 11:47:32 AM
I resemble that remark!  :eek: :biggrin: Solitary

It's a harsh truth. Before medications, I had a very hard time controlling my anger, my mind was flooded with fearful thoughts, and I was haunted by the trauma in flashbacks and in nightmares when I was able to sleep. Within the first weeks of the correct assortment of medications, most of these demons have lost their hold on me. What remains is much easier to maintain with a more calm mindset. I've never been through war, but I've seen how it tears apart our veterans who return from such places. What would a lifetime of living there do to the human psyche? It would be irrational to not include this when trying to understand the Muslim phenomenon. Trauma is notorious for repeating itself through what the child is taught by the parents and the epigenetic alterations inherited on a quasi-genetic level.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Solitary

My neurologist told me that, in his opinion, that distress causes actual physical changes in the brain. I agree, even though it is possible those changes already existed that cause PTSD. Putting people in life and death situations and calling the ones that can't handle it abnormal while those that do are "normal" is primitive and barbaric thinking with questionable value judgments, that say an individual's worth is not to be valued, and only the tribe, in my opinion. And you are correct, it doesn't take a war zone to cause PTSD. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

Quote from: Solitary on March 08, 2015, 12:16:37 PM
My neurologist told me that, in his opinion, that distress causes actual physical changes in the brain. I agree, even though it is possible those changes already existed that cause PTSD. Putting people in life and death situations and calling the ones that can't handle it abnormal while those that do are "normal" is primitive and barbaric thinking with questionable value judgments, that say an individual's worth is not to be valued, and only the tribe, in my opinion. And you are correct, it doesn't take a war zone to cause PTSD. Solitary

Agreed. The PTSD affects most strongly three areas of the brain: the hippocampus, amygdala, and medial frontal cortex. However, I suspect that this is the body's attempt at survival by stripping the brain into a more streamlined form. Much like how sickle-cell anaemia is a double edged sword - dangerous but does increase survival against malaria. PTSD shows specific alterations to the brain that increases reaction time to specific trauma while sacrificing normal function which in turn improves the likelihood of survival in a particularly dangerous environment.  The drawback is these changes are permanent and detrimental to the mental health of the individual. Yet, evolution only requires the individual to live long enough to produce viable offspring who in turn thrive.

Although it is only speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if the sensitivity to trauma has a genetic and epigenetic component - worse cases the offspring develops PTSD without a cause and in more average cases PTSD is  likely to form due to a traumatic event or events. Those without this genetic or epigenetic inheritance either never develop the disorder, regardless of trauma, or require a much higher threshold of trauma to spur such changes.

It's always struck me as too coincidental that these specific areas of the brain are altered with results most effective at avoiding danger and surviving in such unique situations.

----------------------------------------------

When applied to Muslim refugees from war torn countries, it comes as no surprise they are irrational, have black and white thinking, and do not trust anyone different from them. Their minds have been altered on a physical level to look for signs of danger and compelled to respond immediately to any perceived threat.

Before I was capable of following through with rational cognitions, I required my emotions to be dampened since they were exaggerated, overreaching, and extremely convincing. This problem with such refugees will need to be addressed in a similar way. It's no wonder Muslims around the world are typically not ready yet to heed rational arguments - their emotions are still on high alert.

The tragedy is having a war-mongering religion fall into the hands of a population of people where the majority have countless generations of trauma-induced mental illness.

We can tear apart the logic of their religion all day, but until we get to the root of their problem, we will never get through to them.

Draconic Aiur

kilodelta

The Holy Prophet Muhammad had sex with over 100 different goats over his lifetime. Additionally, he help establish a horrid violent religion.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

QuoteNo other person ever lived gets this type of reverence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lèse_majesté_in_Thailand

QuoteThis justified punishment by law, which became fierce during the reign of Louis IX, who became obsessed in his fight against heretics, Jews and Muslims, with punishment consisting in mutilating the tongue and lips.[22]

QuoteBlasphemy has been condemned as a serious, or even the most serious, sin by the major creeds and Church theologians (apostasy and infidelity [unbelief] were generally considered to be the gravest sins, with heresy a greater sin than blasphemy, cf. Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologiae[9]).

QuoteThe most common way to punish the ones who committed blasphemy was through hanging or stoning, due to what is said in Leviticus 24:13-16. Then the LORD said to Moses: "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. Say to the Israelites: 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him."

Writer Salman Rushdie was accused of blasphemy and subject of a fatwā issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the Supreme Leader of Iran, in February 1989.
The last person hanged for blasphemy in Great Britain was Thomas Aikenhead aged 20, in Scotland in 1697. He was prosecuted for denying the veracity of the Old Testament and the legitimacy of Christ's miracles

Also for your pleasure, take a look at the punishment of criticism of kings in Europe up until about 100 years ago. I alluded to that in the first reference (King of Thailand and the Thai punishment of anyone who says anything about the king [even jokes involving the king can lead to jail time]), but European history as well is full of if you say one bad thing about the king you are libel to have your head (and your families') on a pike.

Might also take a look at the Khan's of the Mongol Empire, given the territory they spread over and how they treated anyone who opposed them (they were great folks to agree with though, something often overlooked). To say that no one in history besides Mohammed has been revered to the point that people would kill or pass laws prohibiting the criticism of them shows a real lack of any historical (or even modern) knowledge.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

@ Shiranu

Are we still threatened with death if we disrespect the long dead kings of Europe, the dead Mongol Khans?

Are Christian heretics still executed by the church?

What are you talking about? Please think before you post.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on March 09, 2015, 01:16:14 AM
@ Shiranu

Are we still threatened with death if we disrespect the long dead kings of Europe, the dead Mongol Khans?

Are Christian heretics still executed by the church?

What are you talking about? Please think before you post.

QuoteNo other person ever lived gets this type of reverence.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur