Nevada Republican says cancer is a fungus

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, March 07, 2015, 05:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/nevada-republican-says-cancer-is-a-fungus-you-can-flush-out-with-salt-water/

QuoteNevada Republican says cancer is a fungus you can flush out with salt water

Nevada state Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) plans to introduce a bill she said would provide more options for cancer patients â€" but actually relies on what medical experts call a myth, Think Progress reported.
“If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing with, say, salt water, sodium cardonate through that line and flushing out the fungus,” Fiore said on her radio show over the weekend. “These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.”
As Ralston Reports noted, Fiore likely meant to say “sodium bicarbonate,” commonly known as baking soda.
According to the American Cancer Society, (ACS) the argument that sodium bicarbonate can be used to flush cancer out of the body stems from “unsubstantiated treatments” by an Italian doctor, Tullio Simoncini. Simoncini’s license to practice medicine was revoked in 2003. Three years later, he was convicted of wrongful death and swindling.
“No peer-reviewed articles in medical journals were found to support the theory that cancer is caused by a fungus infection or a yeast infection. Available peer-reviewed medical journals do not support claims that sodium bicarbonate works as a cancer treatment in humans,” the ACS states on its website. “Scientists require certain kinds of evidence to support claims that a kind of germ causes a certain disease. The first requirement is that the germ should be present in all cases of the disease. Simoncini claims that all tumors contain fungi. But these fungi have not been found in tumors when biopsies are examined by methods capable of revealing fungi in infected tissue.”
Fiore said she is still “waiting for the language to come back” on the measure, which she calls the “terminally-ill bill.” She described it as a response to seeing Nevadans leave the U.S. for what she called “alternative treatments” after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
“This isn’t the death doctor bill,” she said, adding, “Nevada â€" it’s the capital of entertainment. Why not make it the medical capital of the world, too?”
The assemblywoman, who accused federal officials last year of “coming up” with the grazing fees that spurred their dispute with rancher Cliven Bundy, introduced another bill last week that would allow licensed gun owners to carry firearms on college campuses within the state, saying it would prevent “young, hot little girls on campus” from sexual assaults.

Well...... there ya go.  Words fail me....  :hang:

Munch

Oh no this is great. This here is like a permanent stamp of authenticity, to show just why if it ever comes into context why republicans can't be trusted, pull this little piece of information out each time.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Youssuf Ramadan

Suffice it to say, this festering ass-nugget has the backing of card-carrying cracknut and purveyor of reptilian shape-shifter theory, David Icke himself.

Atheon

If it was possible to cure cancer with salt water and baking soda, wouldn't it be a routine and widely used treatment?? Wouldn't this discovery be headline news??

Republicans... not exactly known for their brain-thinkin' skills...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote“If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus,...

Beliefs that kill.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Green Bottle

What a Moron, sounds like he might have FUNGUS on the brain......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

I live in a state next to Nevada. I don't go there. Now you see why.

Mermaid

Well, why didn't I think of that!? It's so simple! Stupid scientists and their decades of cancer research. You'd think one of them would realize, wouldn't you!?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

So apparently in order to get elected these days you have to be a semi-literate nutbag full of conspiracy theories. Way to go America.

Mermaid

And aside from all that, I am happy that I now know how to cure a fungal infection, too. It all seems so clear to me now.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

My SIL was diagnosed with breast cancer about 8 years ago. She had some initial treatments, but they made her sick. She went into deep denial, and did some reading online about things like baking soda and cottage cheese and stuff that was supposed to cure cancer. That's how she dealt with her diagnosis.

She has been gone a little over a year now. I can't say that I find people who spread this sort of illiterate garbage to be responsible for her death and for the deaths of people like her for otherwise curable diseases (like Steve Jobs), but I can't say I don't find them partially responsible either. Everyone has to take their own responsibility at some point, but when such a huge amount of misinformation is perpetuated on social media and the rest of the internet, people do tend to get on the bandwagon.

trdsf

Let me guess: her party caucus put her on the state house's science and technology committee?

(back from a quick googling).  Even worse.  She's on the Health and Human Services. and Education committees.

That's it, irony is now officially dead.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mermaid

Quote from: trdsf on March 07, 2015, 10:40:29 AM
Let me guess: her party caucus put her on the state house's science and technology committee?

(back from a quick googling).  Even worse.  She's on the Health and Human Services. and Education committees.

That's it, irony is now officially dead.
I cannot un-know this.

Fuck me.

the_antithesis

Hopefully soon former Nevada state Assemblywoman.

stromboli

Quote from: the_antithesis on March 07, 2015, 11:52:38 AM
Hopefully soon former Nevada state Assemblywoman.

Lol, don't hold your breath. Any state that thinks Cliven Bundy is a hero has got some serious issues that go deep, deep down.