Several Metroid games are available on the Wii U shop channel

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 01, 2015, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Recently I got Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion on my Wii U. Prime was the first one, and after a half hour into playing it I bought the rest. I had never played a Metroid game before this and OH MY GOD, WHERE HAS THIS SERIES BEEN ALL MY LIFE!?

Never in any other game have I gotten so much satisfaction out of just wandering around aimlessly and finding a bunch of shit, which then lets me wander around even more aimlessly and find even more shit, and along the way have interesting puzzles and FUCKING AWESOME BOSS BATTLES to keep me entertained.

I also love how on the rare occasions you can see Samus' face, she always has this look like, "Yeah, I've seen way more fucked-up shit than this," and just nothing ever seems to faze her.

Does anyone else get as completely enthralled in these games as I do?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

leo

I played super metroid in the Supernes,  when I was a kid. I also played the metroid prime trilogy in the Gamecube . The Game cube is the last Nintendo console I brought. I skipped the Wii. I hate this console with passion. I also skipped the Wii U. The hardware in the console is garbage. I hope Nintendo next console will include revelant hardware with minimum medium range specs.  I love nintendo software. The company is still producing amazing games but the  latest 2 consoles are overpriced outdated junk.  Metroid prime is amazing and one of the best games  ever. I miss nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo 64 days. Hell I miss the glorious Nintendo Super Nes era .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

the_antithesis

Never played the FPS Metroid games. I had played the NES original and "Screw Attack" is the best name for a power up ever. Spent hours on that game.

PickelledEggs

I haven't played it. I've been too pre-occupied with MarioKart 8, SSB4 and Dota2

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know