News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

4 Reasons to believe in God debunked

Started by MagetheEntertainer, March 01, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5taC1nN_E
I mean seriously, if I can debunked the 4 reasons that state of daniel gave to believe in God then you know his arguments don't hold any water, at least he admitted that you can't prove god with science though

SkyChief

Of course, atheist people cannot hate something that doesn't even exist. Or, at best, something that exists only one's imagination.  In either case, the answer is obviously no.

First, we must understand the motivation of people to fabricate a meaning for their (unfounded) beliefs.

600 years ago,  long before proper scientific method had been established,  there were many questions surrounding our (human) existence and purpose. The ancient biblical scriptures provided comprehensive and conclusive answers to those who sought them;  birth -> life  -> accept gods  -> heavenly rewards  -> after-life,  -> (reincarnation?) etc... 

As time (and science) progressed, many (most, actually) of these questions have been answered. As of the late 20th century, science has offered many plausible explanations about how we came to be and what our real destiny is.

Yet, the majority of people reject these, and desperately cling to the  byzantine scriptures written thousands of years ago.

I find this fascinating, really. 
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

winterland78

The reason the majority of people reject what you said is because it is hogwash. It is our destiny to serve God, die, and then be judged if we can be in His kingdom or not. It is not our destiny to be immoral consumers who eventually wander around space like baboons with nothing to do. If you do not like it, then that is too bad, time has proved that 'most people', like you said, will eventually always side with God in the end.

dtq123

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 11:12:12 PM
It is our destiny to serve God

Which one?
Agdistis (or Angdistis)?
Ah Puch?
Ahura Mazda?
Alberich?
Allah?
Amaterasu?
Anahita?
Anansi?
Anat?
Andvari?
Anshar?
Anu?
http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_myth_gods_index.htm
The shit goes on. Fine our god from that cesspool please? :madu:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

winterland78

The one and only God of the Universe, who sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and teach us valuable lesson(s). He revealed The Holy Bible to us, and he loves us, and he won't ever hold a grudge against you if you ask for forgiveness. His Kingdom is not of this world.

dtq123

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 11:32:31 PM
The one and only God of the Universe, who sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and teach us valuable lesson(s). He revealed The Holy Bible to us, and he loves us, and he won't ever hold a grudge against you if you ask for forgiveness. His Kingdom is not of this world.
Does he have a name? :eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

winterland78

That is an inaccurate question. Something as perfect as Him could not have a name according to our specifications. You set me up by listing the names of many long-gone idols, I replied with an answer that did not satisfy you. Interestingly enough, I still have not received an answer as to any of the tenets of the atheism religion. Thanks everybody.

SkyChief

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 11:12:12 PM
The reason the majority of people reject what you said is because it is hogwash. It is our destiny to serve God, die, and then be judged if we can be in His kingdom or not. It is not our destiny to be immoral consumers who eventually wander around space like baboons with nothing to do. If you do not like it, then that is too bad, time has proved that 'most people', like you said, will eventually always side with God in the end.

I may be a space baboon, but at least I'm one of the brighter ones.  Not all space baboons were created equal, apparently.    :fsm:
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

PickelledEggs

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 11:36:04 PM
That is an inaccurate question. Something as perfect as Him could not have a name according to our specifications. You set me up by listing the names of many long-gone idols, I replied with an answer that did not satisfy you. Interestingly enough, I still have not received an answer as to any of the tenets of the atheism religion. Thanks everybody.
Well I'm glad I threw the hammer down. I thought he was just a spamming preacher. Turns out he WAS a troll.

Hydra009

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on March 01, 2015, 03:27:24 PM
I mean seriously, if I can debunked the 4 reasons that state of daniel gave to believe in God then you know his arguments don't hold any water, at least he admitted that you can't prove god with science though
Good one as always.  Though I swear you channeled the Amazing Atheist there a bit.  It's a miracle!   :razz:

And speaking of the miracles argument, I would've pointed out that there's a HUGE difference between impossible and inexplicable.  Religious people treat the two as one and the same.  Scientists don't.  That tells you a lot right there.  Also, a lot of articles the apologist briefly flashed on the screen used the word miracle figuratively.  They're not alleging that there was actual divine intervention in the "medical miracles", only that they were extraordinary.  I'd also point out that if you're a Muslim, Catholic miracles are stories told by the gullible and foolish with no basis in reality.  And vice versa.  Asking atheists to take this stuff as fact when not even people who already believe in god do so is a bit unreasonable.

And of course, God is exempt from the ol' "everything has a cause".  What a shock.