Dennis Rodman calls Kim Jong Un "Great Guy"

Started by Brian37, March 04, 2013, 06:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

I don't see any harm coming from this. People have condemned Rodman for feeding the NK propaganda machine... but that's a machine that's consistently fed and full. It won't do anything to further strengthen the propaganda because it's already saturated and constant.

One thing that may happen, though, is that the NK people will see images in their media if KJU having a good time with an American, so it could poke a hole in their delusion that all Americans are "evil".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Atheon"I don't see any harm coming from this. People have condemned Rodman for feeding the NK propaganda machine... but that's a machine that's consistently fed and full. It won't do anything to further strengthen the propaganda because it's already saturated and constant.

One thing that may happen, though, is that the NK people will see images in their media if KJU having a good time with an American, so it could poke a hole in their delusion that all Americans are "evil".

I don't know that they would be permitted to learn of it, or if they would be presented the meeting as a friendly thing.  Editing for public consumption -- and secrecy -- is that regime's primary tool of governance.
<insert witty aphorism here>