Dennis Rodman calls Kim Jong Un "Great Guy"

Started by Brian37, March 04, 2013, 06:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

"If we just ignore that he's a horrible fellow, he's a great fellow!"

Jutter

Judging from what Dennis considers 'a great look' or a 'great career-move', or a 'great publicity stunt'.... I won't put too much stock into his opinion.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

stromboli

Dennis Rodman is a dick. Nothing new here.

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"Dennis Rodman is a dick. Nothing new here.

Well you know, we have sent a symphony over there a few years ago, but they berated Kim Jong Ill back then and insisted that if they do do a show in NK that they would not censor the music, and many members of the symphony criticized the tyranny and poverty while there, to the NK government's face.

I think the allowance of the west for western events to be done there are to expose North Koreans to a broader world despite their dictatorship. I am for that, but being chummy with a dictator like that, ugggg.

Many people criticized Colombia University for allowing Imadumbassjerk(Iran's PM) for giving a speech there, but if you actually watch the damned speech, the college president verbally bitch slapped him before he spoke and the audience laughed in his face several times throughout the speech.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

Dennis Rodman: something, somewhere, went terribly wrong.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

That dude's mind is fried thanks to excessive alcohol consumption, so no surprise there.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Savior2006

Rodman needs to realize those psychopaths over in NK are nice to him for the same reason they are nice to the ambassadors we have to send over whenever NK kidnaps a journalist for "espionage." You are famous and you have power. If you were like the millions of starving NK citizens with no money and no voice, he wouldn't give a shit about you.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Jason Harvestdancer

He's not a diplomat or a statesman.  He's just a basketball player.  I don't think his opinion is important, but I don't condemn him for it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Savior2006

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"He's not a diplomat or a statesman.  He's just a basketball player.  I don't think his opinion is important, but I don't condemn him for it.

Why not condemn him for it? Sure, it's not really going to sway a lot of people on North Korea "stellar" human rights records, or lack thereof, but a stupid claim is a stupid claim. Rodman is saying Un is a nice guy based on what is essentially egocentric bullshit.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Thumpalumpacus

I sure am glad his opinion doesn't make any difference.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Rejak

If he can open dialog between obama and  un I'm all for it. Un might be batshiat crazy But if we can talk him out of war it would be a good thing. If you have ever seen war really up close and personal  you would know what I mean. I Myself I can see nothing to be gained from killing a lot of Koreans, they are people too.

Horsefly

Rodman doesn't really think Kim Jong Un is a great guy you bunch of naive mother fuckers - he maintains the illusion that he likes him because it's good for relations and helps to appease the little psychopath. Or did you miss the fact that if he says he doesn't like him in public, Kim will find out almost instantly? For fuck's sake, use your brains.

Plu

I'm having trouble attributing that level of intelligence to a man wearing a suit made of dollar bills.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Rejak"If he can open dialog between obama and  un I'm all for it. Un might be batshiat crazy But if we can talk him out of war it would be a good thing.
Problem is talks always come with a price tag and the threatening moves are quick to return, especially when rewarded.

It would be great if they had a change of heart, though.  NK has a heck of a lot to gain by rejoining the rest of the world, but its leadership puts its own needs ahead of that of its people.  As such, this tense standoff is likely to continue.