Is it better to be hated or ignored?

Started by dtq123, March 01, 2015, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on March 01, 2015, 08:50:34 PM
do you think that this maybe influenced by whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert, because i would prefer to be ignored because well being hated sucks
i'm very introverted and I love haters.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 01, 2015, 09:04:35 PM
I'm very introverted and for me this question is like "would you prefer to live in a secluded cabin by a lake or a concentration camp?"
Yeah!  I'd vote for that.  At this stage in my life I'm not introverted but a loner--and for all those that have a problem with that, fuck you!  :))  My motto now is --leave me the hell alone!  Heaven for me would be my wife, my furry children, my children (every now and again) and family--and my computer, the internet, with no phone.  Stuck out in the woods--on an island--deserted coast--no neighbors--along with books and a little tv.  Ahhhhh..................  oh yeah, almost forgot--ice cream!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Johan

Quote from: dtq123 on March 01, 2015, 02:05:58 PM
Just want your opinion, since some animes often include a decision to be ignored or hated in the main character.
I don't understand how the premise you've described relates to your main question.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

dtq123

Quote from: Johan on March 02, 2015, 09:36:41 PM
I don't understand how the premise you've described relates to your main question.
It's what inspired the question. T_T
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Brian37

It is better to have facts. Being hated will happen on a planet of  7 billion.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Johan

Quote from: dtq123 on March 03, 2015, 07:26:22 AM
It's what inspired the question. T_T
Fair enough. Still, the answer requires context. Howard Stern has had nearly as many listeners who hated him as loved him over the course of his career. At one point the stats showed that listeners who hated him listened an hour longer on average per day than those who loved him. So obviously for him, its much better to be hated than ignored.

But if you were to ask a member of any minority group who has suffered physical or emotional harm at the hand of another simply because they were a member of said minority group, I'd expect they would much prefer to be ignored instead of hated.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Aletheia

If I'm powerless, then I'd prefer to be ignored. If I have more power than my peers, then being hated wouldn't matter much.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mike Cl

As suggested earlier, it is (like most things in life) situation.  Neither is better all the time. 

There is only one constant good in this life--ice cream!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

winterland78

Followers of the atheism religion seem to be hated by the majority of the population. Atheist believers seem to be a small minority. Why? I wonder why.

dtq123

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 11:07:47 PM
Followers of the atheism religion seem to be hated by the majority of the population. Atheist believers seem to be a small minority. Why? I wonder why.
I'm quite open about my "religion" yet people don't give a crap. I wonder why?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

winterland78

That is hard to believe. Followers of the atheist religion are hated in every country, even the U.S. There are legions of Christians who want to do something about followers of the atheist religion in the U.S. I wonder why.