News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Newb

Started by i_like_neurons, February 28, 2015, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i_like_neurons

Hi everyone!

I'm new, and I'm here because I feel like this is a more productive form of entertainment/procrastination than Facebook. 

I'm currently getting my master's in neurobiology, and planning on a neurobiology PhD as my next venture. It's safe to assume that I like neurobiology, in addition to sarcasm, being outdoors, old textbooks, traveling, baking, snow, bourbon, and being atheist, of course.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Munch

Hey there welcom...

Quotebeing outdoors

What?? Blasphemy! The true mark of science is to stay indoors all day every day and shun the sunlight!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

Welcome to the forum!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

dtq123

Welcome to the club!
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

kilodelta

Welcome. I'm here for the entertainment as well.

Sometimes brain damaged people come on here talking about their super-powered imaginary friends.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

Welcome, neurons!!! Congrats on the pending masters and PhD! :biggrin:

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on February 28, 2015, 06:34:30 PM
Hey there welcom...

What?? Blasphemy! The true mark of science is to stay indoors all day every day and shun the sunlight!

(Stromboli contemplates reminding Munch that he himself is an avid outdoorsman who spends weeks a year living and camping in the out of doors)

Uh, welcome.

i_like_neurons

Quote from: stromboli on February 28, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
(Stromboli contemplates reminding Munch that he himself is an avid outdoorsman who spends weeks a year living and camping in the out of doors)

Uh, welcome.

I like you Stromboli.

And thank you all for the warm welcome!

aitm

Greetings and welcome to nest.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Light Craftsman

Welcome. Sounds like you'll fit right in here.
You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Desdinova

Welcome aboard!  Please bake us some goodies.  Many of us here haven't had a decent brownie in years.  Oh, and don't forget the bourbon!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Solitary

Welcome aboard i_like_neurons!  We need more neurobiologists, and neurologists to get rid of the woo masters in psychologists and psychiatry that make people feel good and never cure any mental disease, that are no better than religious authority, shamans, and witch doctors, and drug dealers that get people addicted, in my opinion.   :eek:   Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Welcome to the forum ''i like neurons, ........................... :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

wolf39us

Welcome!  And the OP comes with some education!  w00t