News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

That's no moon....

Started by PickelledEggs, February 26, 2015, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

QuoteA dwarf planet is shining two bright lights at a NASA spacecraft right now, and our smartest scientists are unsure what they are.

As bizarre as that sentence sounds, that's the situation with Ceres â€" the largest object in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, officially designated as a dwarf planet (the same category as Pluto).

NASA's Dawn spacecraft is approaching Ceres ahead of a March 6 rendezvous. The picture above was taken February 19, from a distance of just under 29,000 miles, and shows two very shiny areas on the same basin on Ceres' surface.

http://mashable.com/2015/02/25/strange-lights-dwarf-planet-ceres/

Atheon

I'm really looking forward Dawn's arrival at Ceres! Been looking forward to it for years.

Then in July: New Horizons arrives at Pluto!!

Only thereafter will it will be possible to publish a complete solar system coffee-table book!!

A great year for space!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Ice, I'd imagine.

Or a crashed alien spaceship.

One of those two.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Green Bottle

Aye , id say Ice as well, tho u never know...........
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Atheon

Ice volcanoes would be cool as hell.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

I'll go with aliens so I can justify purchasing another weapon.

kilodelta

I demand more news like this.

Also, I predict that it is my missing sunglasses reflecting the sunlight.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Moloth

man, wouldnt it be awesome if it was something alien-made?
-=The Believer is Happy; the Skeptic is Wise=-

http://www.moloth.com

aitm

ITs a gold and silver castle gleaming in the star light. In lives Elohim and all his ..er…..whatever the fuck they are…..and oh yeah….he don't give a shit bout us.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

It looks like a Death Star to me...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

Munch

Preacher man, what do you think it is?

Preacher man: "ITS THE EYE OF THE LAWD!!"

Aaah I see.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

Dwarf planet? Maybe it's one of gods missing balls
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

After looking at that again, and if my memory of Morse code doesn't fail me ( I am a boy scout after all) it says S.O.S…... :eek:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust