Author Topic: Knowledge of God's existence properly basic?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Sal1981

Re: Re:
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 08:26:58 PM »
Quote from: "Chaoslord2004"
Quote from: "Plu"
Show me a proper definition of god, and I'll look for a P & ~P.

A metaphysically perfect being that is omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omnipresent.
Has this been covered before how they would be internally contradictory?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

Re: Knowledge of God's existence properly basic?
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »
Quote from: "GurrenLagann"
Well, I watched another WLC debate (self-inflicted torture; I never learn) and he claimed that knowledge of God's existence (something like that) is properly basic..... fuck me.

If you were conversatin' with Craig, how would you respond to that, er, argument?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sensus Divinatus comes from Calvin, who contradicts himself on the concept, claiming original sin depives us of SD.  And atheists most certainly don't have it.

And as anybody with sense knows, the only real  basic belief is in the Easter Bunny.  I'd like to see Plantinga prove otherwise.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
I recently (as of the last 2 months) became interested in and began studying some areas of philosophy (Ayn Rand notwithstanding)

Well, I wouldn't consider Rand a philosopher...

Oh I have empathy for other people and the fact that they have different positions than I, but it is in direct conflict here with my great dislike of practically all things Bill Craig.

He's not a very good philosopher, frankly.  There are many good theistic philosophers.  Alvin Plantinga, for example, is a very skilled philosopher.

I will have to disgree here.  I find Plantinga too often uses strawmen arguments.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

Re: Re:
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "Plu"
Show me a proper definition of god, and I'll look for a P & ~P.

A metaphysically perfect being that is omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omnipresent.
Has this been covered before how they would be internally contradictory?
Cheerful  Charlie

Offline Colanth

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 12:50:47 AM »
If you were conversatin' with Craig, how would you respond to that, er, argument?
I'd remind him that it's belief in God, not knowledge of God, that's considered basic - then ask him if belief in his god is so basic, why the vast majority of people on the planet DON'T believe in his god.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk