News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Us lefty loonies

Started by aitm, February 25, 2015, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/video/11-epic-facts-about-lefties/vi-BBhHzFM

The only one that really surprised me was that lefties more likely to suffer PSTD from horror movies. I found that surprising because I don't like horror movies at all, and have no interest in movies with gore or blood specifically for the sake of shock.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

Surprises me too. I'm a major leftie and my high school friends (also lefties) and I were all avid horror fans back in our teen years. Still are, in fact. We'd throw horror movie parties where we'd watch horror movies all night. (We even made ones of our own... in fact, I recently finished transferring all the VHS copies I had to digital format to rescue them from oblivion.)

The gorier and scarier, the better. And we were all into Stephen King books and other horror stories, too.

Never a nightmare or flashback.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Oops: it's about left-handed people, not liberals (blush)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

hrdlr110

Quote from: Atheon on February 25, 2015, 10:40:16 AM

LofuckingL!!!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

your avatar looks appropriately embarrassed as well! Or maybe ashamed to be associated with that comment. Not having opened the link, I thought the same thing tho.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm a lefty and have never suffered PTSD from a movie.. Horror movies don't even scare me.. Now Care Bear movies scare the shit out of me.. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Left handed. I don't buy the PTSD thing either.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: hrdlr110 on February 25, 2015, 03:30:41 PM
your avatar looks appropriately embarrassed as well! 
That's the one I call "faithpalm".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Valigarmander

Quote from: Atheon on February 25, 2015, 10:40:16 AM
I thought that too. I came in here all ready to talk about Tom Harkin.

stromboli

And I am not a Southpaw. Let's get that fucking straight right now.

The Skeletal Atheist

As a left handed person all I have to say is that I will violently murder the next person who asks me if I'm left handed when I'm writing with my left hand.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

SGOS

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on February 26, 2015, 08:41:24 AM
As a left handed person all I have to say is that I will violently murder the next person who asks me if I'm left handed when I'm writing with my left hand.
Add to lefty looney list:  prone to violence

stromboli