News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

12 hour clock vs 24 hour clock

Started by leo, February 24, 2015, 07:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

One day, I had to work from 3pm till midnight.  I was told to work the next day from 7 to 12.  I showed up at 7pm only to get fussed out for being 12 hours late.  So yeah, 24-hour clock for me.

Gawdzilla Sama

Then there's Calvin:

Wingman: Enemy Fighters at 3 o'clock!

Calvin: So we've got about 45 minutes?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 19, 2016, 08:34:52 PM
Then there's Calvin:

Wingman: Enemy Fighters at 3 o'clock!

Calvin: So we've got about 45 minutes?

Was that after his airplane cockpit was glued shut?  Afficianado...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 05:34:33 AM
Was that after his airplane cockpit was glued shut?  Afficianado...
I think Mrs. Wormwood did that?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 08:35:15 AM
I think Mrs. Wormwood did that?

No, Calvin got glue everywhere.  I have a stack of Calvin and Dilbert books at my bedside and I alternate reading them before I turn in.  I think I saw the airplane disaster just last week.

SGOS

Quote from: viocjit on November 19, 2016, 06:07:35 PM
Thanks for this discovery. I did never knew the existence of this weird clock system even if I'm French.

Metric navigation based on a 100 degree circle, with each degree divided into millidegrees.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 08:45:43 AM
No, Calvin got glue everywhere.  I have a stack of Calvin and Dilbert books at my bedside and I alternate reading them before I turn in.  I think I saw the airplane disaster just last week.
I was implying that Mrs. Wormwood would happily lock Calvin up so he didn't disrupt her class.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 09:26:09 AM
I was implying that Mrs. Wormwood would happily lock Calvin up so he didn't disrupt her class.

Oh well, a Ms Wormwood fan like you would probably claim anything.  Unlike a certain boy and tiger.  You probably like Rosalyn too.  ;)

Which do you like better, the dadisms or snow sculptures?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 10:23:48 AM
Oh well, a Ms Wormwood fan like you would probably claim anything.  Unlike a certain boy and tiger.  You probably like Rosalyn too.  ;)

Which do you like better, the dadisms or snow sculptures?
I liked the snow barrier he built across the drive-way. Dad should have run with it and called in snow-bound that day.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 10:50:45 AM
I liked the snow barrier he built across the drive-way. Dad should have run with it and called in snow-bound that day.

Calvin WAS a MASTER with snow...

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 11:33:50 AM
The butchered snowmen was a classic.

There were so many.  The snow goons who multiplied, the snow goons who picketed Dad near the driveway, the hanged snowman, the cannon-shot snowman, the iced backyard, the snow snake eating Calvin, etc...

trdsf

Lemme just add that 24 hour clocks mean no more suffering one of my particular linguistic pet peeves, "eight a.m. in the morning".  Yes, you said a.m., I assumed that meant in the morning, you're not talking about eight p.m. in the morning!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

The Skeletal Atheist

24 is the most logical. I haven't internalized it yet and still have to do some mental math to convert, but holy shit why are we still using the 12 hour system? Same deal really, but why are we still using the imperial system for measurements in the US?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on January 06, 2017, 12:29:03 AM
24 is the most logical. I haven't internalized it yet and still have to do some mental math to convert, but holy shit why are we still using the 12 hour system? Same deal really, but why are we still using the imperial system for measurements in the US?

12 or 24, it is all related to Babylonian sexegismal.  Metric was invented by France .. enough said ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.