News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi Everybody!!!!(Hi Dr. Nick)

Started by maestroanth, March 03, 2013, 06:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroanth

Idk, if you all got my subject line (cough old Simpsons), but I'm an atheist or agnostic type.  I feud which to label myself. My gf actually says she's an atheist but mentions god type stuff especially with love that I'm like yeah, whatever.  So, any good responses to stuff like that I'd like help with. Plus, she voted for Romney and I Obama, so 'maybe' she's a bit religious but just saying she's atheist to make me happy.

Anyway, I think the strongest argument deity believers have in general is the 'something from nothing' argument i.e. the big bang which is the main puzzlement I have.  I mean can't just a little quantum turbulence cause something this huge? Can someone direct me to cool posts relating to this here?

maestroanth

I was also an atheist since like 10, it wasn't anything emotional is was like a year later since I was like I asked my mom, 'there's no santa claus huh?'.  Then I asked the big question a year later, and was like wtf, there is no evidence of this, but it does grows an imagination I like to believe which is important for inventing.  But so is logic, lol.

AllPurposeAtheist

You either believe the crap or you don't.. end of story and no..didn't get the Simpsons reference..sorry.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

If anyone could ever give a good answer to the question "Is there a god", then maybe I would at least listen. But alas no one has ever presented one shred of evidence of a god whatsoever.
Most people believe in a god because their culture has demanded that they do so...i.e. they are born into it. No one in their right mind would ever accept the crap that the believers dole out as anything but jibberish and nonsense.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"You either believe the crap or you don't.. end of story and no..didn't get the Simpsons reference..sorry.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Zatoichi

Welcome maestroanth!

:-D
"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List

Plu

Welcome aboard. We just had a topic on "something from nothing" here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=677

Have a read. Has good arguments.

stromboli

Welcome. The continual arguments about something from nothing and so on is not what I get into. What I see is prima facie evidence- if god exists and is involved in our world, where is he? The absence of evidence argument is kind of like, so god hit your car with an imaginary hammer and left an imaginary dent, therefore he exists. No, wait, there's no dent, he doesn't exist. I don't see it as any harder than that. If there's no corpse, there's no crime.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

Quote from: "Brian37"Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.

Does it say that in the FAQ? It should.

Mister Agenda

Hope you like our neck of the interwoods.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

seanfish