News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bibile on the History Channel

Started by Alaric I, March 03, 2013, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Well apparently you do, if you consider getting the word out more important than getting the right word out.

After all, you did say "It's not very accurate, but at least the word is getting out."

The proper answer would be "It's not very accurate, so this is a terrible show because it's teaching people the wrong things"

stromboli

Whether or not a work of fiction is accurate doesn't strike me as a conundrum.  :popcorn:

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Plu"Well apparently you do, if you consider getting the word out more important than getting the right word out.

After all, you did say "It's not very accurate, but at least the word is getting out."

The proper answer would be "It's not very accurate, so this is a terrible show because it's teaching people the wrong things"
The little things seem inaccurate, but the important things are good to go.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

AllPurposeAtheist

From the channel that gives us such hard hitting history like noodling anf storage space wars.. of course it's all the honest injun truth.. after all..... lying about the bible is like illegal n shit..right?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sleeper

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Plu"Well apparently you do, if you consider getting the word out more important than getting the right word out.

And what are the important things, pray tell?

Also... perused your blog... if you're serious about all that (and if you can't help but come here and open your mouth) why don't you bring up your topics here, one by one, and see if they really do stand up? Have you ever tried that?

But if you do, be prepared to edit your blog.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

Plu

QuoteBut if you do, be prepared to edit your blog.

Or to run away with your tail between your legs. That's the usualy response.

Thumpalumpacus

The thought occurs to me that a Perfect Communicator could not be misunderstood.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Colanth

The little thing are what we call "facts", and if the facts are wrong, the rest isn't very important.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Valigarmander

Apparently, some people are saying Satan looks like the President.

Jason78

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"

The thought occurs to me that a Perfect Communicator could not be misunderstood.
I'm sure the apologists have an answer for that as well.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Quote from: "Valigarmander"Apparently, some people are saying Satan looks like the President.

[ Image ]

That is way too close a resemblance to be a coincidence. Obvious effort was taken to make it that close.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteBut if you do, be prepared to edit your blog.

Or to run away with your tail between your legs. That's the usualy response.

Or put your fingers in your ears and continue to shit out processed tripe full in the rich nutrients of lies, ignorance, and denial.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

St Giordano Bruno

Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

ApostateLois

Shin's blog is filled with dozens of links that nobody will be bothered to click on because we have better uses of our time; and quotes from the Bible that mean nothing because they are the ramblings of religious nutters from thousands of years ago. Also, the title is banal.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"