News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What ISIS Really Wants

Started by pr126, February 18, 2015, 12:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

This article is from the Atlantic.
It is quite a long read, but it is well worth the effort to read it all.

What ISIS Really Wants

QuoteThe Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategyâ€"and for how to stop it.

stromboli

Good article. I put an article here a bit ago about how the Apocalyptic mindset is ruining our world. This goes part and parcel with that. We have long identified Islam as the force opposed to Christianity, all the way back to the Crusades. We have two sides to the apocalyptic coin- xtianity VS Islam. And sad to say, it will continue and grow.

pr126

QuoteChoudary said Sharia has been misunderstood because of its incomplete application by regimes such as Saudi Arabia, which does behead murderers and cut off thieves’ hands. “The problem,” he explained, “is that when places like Saudi Arabia just implement the penal code, and don’t provide the social and economic justice of the Shariaâ€"the whole packageâ€"they simply engender hatred toward the Sharia.” That whole package, he said, would include free housing, food, and clothing for all, though of course anyone who wished to enrich himself with work could do so.

social and economic justice of the Shariaâ€"the whole package "free housing, food, and clothing for all" (Muslims only, no doubt.)

Who pays for all that? What kind of economy is that? Slavery and jizya? Plunder and booty?

Jason78

Quote from: pr126 on February 18, 2015, 12:28:51 PM

So tell me what they want what they really really want.

Do they wanna really really really wanna zigazig ah?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Green Bottle

Quote from: pr126 on February 18, 2015, 12:28:51 PM
This article is from the Atlantic.

Quite a long read you said, and you werent kidding pr,  but very interesting, cheers

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Sal1981

They will fail, and not just because they're predictable.

Light Craftsman

Much like Christian Dominionists, the IS wants to bring on the End Times. The big difference is they are more numerous, better organized and have their own territory. Sadly, I see no way out other than war. If anyone has a better idea please present it.
You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

pr126

Quote from: Light Craftsman on February 23, 2015, 08:26:58 PM
Much like Christian Dominionists, the IS wants to bring on the End Times. The big difference is they are more numerous, better organized and have their own territory. Sadly, I see no way out other than war. If anyone has a better idea please present it.
Not quite.

Christian Dominionist don't do wholesale massacres, raping, enslaving, or beheading around the planet. A minor detail, I am sure.

ISIS is not about endtimes, but bringing Allah's law (sharia) to the whole world, or Muslim  rule everywhere. Like the Ori but without the technology.

It is the Shiia Eschatology (Twelwers) that is expecting the Mahdi, or as you say, endtimes.

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on February 24, 2015, 01:26:05 AMChristian Dominionist don't do wholesale massacres, raping, enslaving, or beheading around the planet. A minor detail, I am sure.
They would if they had half the chance. And occasionally they do: Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics. We just have hella good law enforcement in the US; that's what stops them.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

Quote from: Atheon on February 24, 2015, 03:11:46 AM
They would if they had half the chance. And occasionally they do: Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics. We just have hella good law enforcement in the US; that's what stops them.

"Tim" McVeigh was a Christian Dominionist? I didn't know.

This gives me an idea. Why not send those "hella good law enforcement in the US" to Iraq and Syria to sort out the ISIS?

On second thought, maybe not. They couldn't even stop Tim  McVeigh.

I have noticed that confirmation bias and moral equivalence is quite popular among American atheist.

Jmpty

"I have noticed that confirmation bias and moral equivalence is quite popular among American atheist."

Pot, meet kettle.
???  ??