News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths

Started by andy.alder, March 03, 2013, 03:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.alder

I recently started the book series, "Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths," and published my first book's Kindle edition, "Top 7 Reasons of Why God Wouldn't Condemn Abortion, Stem Cell Research, and Experiments on Human Embryos and Fetuses Today," by Andy Alder, at amazon.

I would be grateful for your reading, reviews, and comments.

In short, this is a concise informative book, highly enlightening and somewhat entertaining. It adds a Christian perspective to the unending debate on whether the unborn is a human being or not – and, consequently, whether its destruction may be justified or should be condemned; whether stem cell research, experiments on human embryos and fetuses, and cloning for medical purposes are permitted or must be banned.

Having being a devoted Christian for more than 17 years and, as the Bible alleges, having the mind of Christ, I wanted to understand what God might think about these issues of great personal, medical, and scientific importance. If he walked among us today and met a raped or single woman who had made a decision to have an abortion procedure, would he advise her to keep the pregnancy? If he attended a symposium and met a group of doctors and scientists, conducting experiments on human embryos and fetuses, would he advise them to stop it?  

Periodically tracking these topics, I wonder why some anti-abortion and anti-research activists can be so obsessively adherent to their views – to the point of chasing patients, threatening doctors, and picketing medical clinics and scientific facilities – and what sources they draw upon to develop their arguments. Do you know the three magic words many of them repeat again and again? God, Christian (for instance, morale, heritage, belief), and Bible. Sometimes it makes me laughing because I am yet to find any strong "Christian" evidence supporting their position.

As a result, the debate frequently turns out to be either a pointless confrontation or idle talk due to inability of pro-choicers to realize that, instead of refuting emotional and religious arguments of pro-lifers with merits of advancing medicine and science, they must clearly show that, frankly speaking, "Christianity-based" reasons are not truly Christian, nor are they Biblical, nor existent at all. Personally, I believe that some religious, social, and political FUNdamentalists, prone to conservative thinking and endorsed by masses of genuinely ignorant people, artificially inflate and intentionally politicize both the issue of abortion and the issue of stem cell research and experiments on human embryos and fetuses.

This book is for any reader looking for a better understanding of the problem. Nevertheless it is written by a Christian and from the Christian, Bible-based, perspective, non-Christian audience is especially welcome and will be enormously benefited from its contents. Why? Because, at times, it is so easy to get confused, intimidated, or even speechless, listening to or personally facing the wordy squall of emotionally charged people whose "Christian" jargon you do not understand.

aitm

I am sure those who need to cling to ancient superstitions will find in interesting. As most of us are ex-xtians we know the "jargon" quite well. Welcome to the forum, unless your just posting your book in which case this thread will be eliminated rather quickly. Have you given any thought as to the Hindus' multiple gods take on the same subjects? Why you could essentially write the same book to cover the tens of thousands of gods they have.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

Let me guess; you believe you know just how god thinks, and he happens to think just like you?

stromboli

Right. You took a step back and viewed these topics from a wider view and came up with these conclusions. Now take a step back and see the whole religion from a wider view. Now take another and see that religion itself is flawed and full of holes.

Like aitm said, many of us came out of Christianity. Try looking at the whole fabric instead of bits and pieces.

kilodelta

I just spoke with God concerning your book. He'd like you in His office tomorrow morning so He could provide His corrections.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Thumpalumpacus

Of course Christians often act in an unChristian manner.  They aborted Tiller in the 267th trimester, did they not?

That's pretty late-term, I think.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "andy.alder"If he walked among us today and met a raped or single woman who had made a decision to have an abortion procedure, would he advise her to keep the pregnancy? If he attended a symposium and met a group of doctors and scientists, conducting experiments on human embryos and fetuses, would he advise them to stop it?

Erm... Goodness.
Your god aborted his only sibling at the age of 33 or something... Ever considered that?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

leo

Quote from: "andy.alder"I recently started the book series, "Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths," and published my first book's Kindle edition, "Top 7 Reasons of Why God Wouldn't Condemn Abortion, Stem Cell Research, and Experiments on Human Embryos and Fetuses Today," by Andy Alder, at amazon.

I would be grateful for your reading, reviews, and comments.

In short, this is a concise informative book, highly enlightening and somewhat entertaining. It adds a Christian perspective to the unending debate on whether the unborn is a human being or not – and, consequently, whether its destruction may be justified or should be condemned; whether stem cell research, experiments on human embryos and fetuses, and cloning for medical purposes are permitted or must be banned.

Having being a devoted Christian for more than 17 years and, as the Bible alleges, having the mind of Christ, I wanted to understand what God might think about these issues of great personal, medical, and scientific importance. If he walked among us today and met a raped or single woman who had made a decision to have an abortion procedure, would he advise her to keep the pregnancy? If he attended a symposium and met a group of doctors and scientists, conducting experiments on human embryos and fetuses, would he advise them to stop it?  

Periodically tracking these topics, I wonder why some anti-abortion and anti-research activists can be so obsessively adherent to their views – to the point of chasing patients, threatening doctors, and picketing medical clinics and scientific facilities – and what sources they draw upon to develop their arguments. Do you know the three magic words many of them repeat again and again? God, Christian (for instance, morale, heritage, belief), and Bible. Sometimes it makes me laughing because I am yet to find any strong "Christian" evidence supporting their position.

As a result, the debate frequently turns out to be either a pointless confrontation or idle talk due to inability of pro-choicers to realize that, instead of refuting emotional and religious arguments of pro-lifers with merits of advancing medicine and science, they must clearly show that, frankly speaking, "Christianity-based" reasons are not truly Christian, nor are they Biblical, nor existent at all. Personally, I believe that some religious, social, and political FUNdamentalists, prone to conservative thinking and endorsed by masses of genuinely ignorant people, artificially inflate and intentionally politicize both the issue of abortion and the issue of stem cell research and experiments on human embryos and fetuses.

This book is for any reader looking for a better understanding of the problem. Nevertheless it is written by a Christian and from the Christian, Bible-based, perspective, non-Christian audience is especially welcome and will be enormously benefited from its contents. Why? Because, at times, it is so easy to get confused, intimidated, or even speechless, listening to or personally facing the wordy squall of emotionally charged people whose "Christian" jargon you do not understand.
Welcome !
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Farroc

AAAAAAHHH!!! A CHRISTIAN! EVERYBODY HIDE! *Jumps over bar counter, breaking hundreds of dollars worth of beer and infuriating the bartender and several redneck drunks*
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks