News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

SMA to leaders: PT with your soldiers

Started by kilodelta, February 18, 2015, 08:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/enlisted/2015/02/18/sma-dailey-runs-pt-with-soldiers/23629463/

Normally in the military we put the list of acronyms / abbreviations at the end of the document. But, here are the terms at the front so that you'll know what the article is saying.

SMA - Sergeant Major of the Army
NCO - Non-Commissioned Officer
PT - Penis Touch

QuoteSergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey is leading from the front, even during morning PT.

The first thing Dailey did Jan. 30, just hours before he was sworn in as the Army's top enlisted soldier, was PTing with soldiers on Fort Belvoir, Virginia.

His morning session echoes what he told Army Times shortly before he took on the top NCO job.

"What I tell soldiers is the first thing to do to get every day right is to get 6 to 9 [a.m.] right, and that's PT," he said. "It might not be the most important thing you do that day, but it is the most important thing you do every day. Because a soldier who's PTed will look and feel like a soldier, and if you look and feel like a soldier, you'll act like a soldier. I like to keep it simple. I'm just an infantryman."

Dailey, who at 42 is the youngest soldier to serve as the sergeant major of the Army, also believes a little bit of inspiration helps when it comes to leading soldiers.

"In most cases, we have great soldiers and NCOs throughout our entire Army, and they know what to do, but sometimes a little inspiration goes a long way, too," Dailey said. "Showing you can show up there, still be a soldier, lead from the front, take them out for unit PT, those little things have huge impacts over time."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Contemporary Protestant

did I read that correctly? That officers should play with their soldiers genitalia to boost morale?

I sure hope Westboro doesn't get a hold of this

Thats actually funny, they're known for being homophobic but do that

Hydra009

I call shenanigans.  PT = physical training :P

kilodelta

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 19, 2015, 01:16:44 AM
I call shenanigans.  PT = physical training :P

That's just what we tell everyone...

PT uniforms have short shorts for a reason.

kilodelta