News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Which matters more to you?

Started by dtq123, February 11, 2015, 09:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 12, 2015, 01:41:30 AM
You're forgetting that the U.S. does not mean the whole world. What about China? India? The entire continent of Africa? There are WAY more poor people than any other demographic. Do your research and your math again if you are telling us that the poor does not make up the steep majority.

QuoteIf you had to choose one section of the USA to save which would you save?

Also; those countries/continents are also all "minority" by OP's definition.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2015, 01:45:59 AM
Also; those countries/continents are also all "minority" by OP's definition.
Oh. Missed that. Never mind lol

Sent from your mom.

dtq123

Thank you for doing my homework for me.  :winkle:

Seriously though, I'm going to add a new element of this hypothetical planet of ours; Would your response change if everything was indeed provided (Food, water, etc.) but had to live under an alien control to live as slaves? The aliens live by a dictatorship with advanced military technology, but little understanding of health and humans.

Again, the poorest of society in the USA should go since they are the ones who often struggle with necessities in the first place.

BTW, other countries get to live for some reason (This would get much more complex for homework than I would want it). The USA is a monopoly capital anyway.

Edit: I don't really have homework to get done, so after a bit more on the USA I'll go international  :grin:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

The poor, because in terms of numbers, theres a reason why the rich are called the 1%, and losing that few people compared to the many, many poor would be catastrophic
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

QuoteSeriously though, I'm going to add a new element of this hypothetical planet of ours; Would your response change if everything was indeed provided (Food, water, etc.) but had to live under an alien control to live as slaves? The aliens live by a dictatorship with advanced military technology, but little understanding of health and humans.

Sounds potentially worse than death.

Is there a progressive element to these aliens, an "abolitionist" faction if you will or are they homogeneous on their ideals? What type of slave labour are we talking about; farming and servants, or hard labour like construction, mining, slave soldiers, etc. (high risk jobs)? How dedicated to keeping us enslaved are they?

If they don't understand (or don't care) about our concept of health of other aspects of being human (particularly psychological), will humanity have the means to treat even the most basic of diseases? Will humans be allowed to interact with one another, or because of their strictness will humans be fully isolated to only communicating job-related messages to one another?

Will there be underground societies where people can express their humanity without the aliens knowing about it? How is the rest of the world responding to this; are they helping to smuggle survivours out... and why are the aliens ignoring them in the first place? Does life just "go on as normal" for the rest of the world, minus the US?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

dtq123

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2015, 11:30:22 PM
Sounds potentially worse than death.

Is there a progressive element to these aliens, an "abolitionist" faction if you will or are they homogeneous on their ideals? What type of slave labour are we talking about; farming and servants, or hard labour like construction, mining, slave soldiers, etc. (high risk jobs)? How dedicated to keeping us enslaved are they?

If they don't understand (or don't care) about our concept of health of other aspects of being human (particularly psychological), will humanity have the means to treat even the most basic of diseases? Will humans be allowed to interact with one another, or because of their strictness will humans be fully isolated to only communicating job-related messages to one another?

Will there be underground societies where people can express their humanity without the aliens knowing about it? How is the rest of the world responding to this; are they helping to smuggle survivours out... and why are the aliens ignoring them in the first place? Does life just "go on as normal" for the rest of the world, minus the US?

They are varied in ideas, not just a hive mentality. (Did that make sense?)

They will work in various jobs, from servants in houses to construction. However, there is no nuclear plants to maintain, so that job's out the window.

The aliens are a lazy race that sleep most of the time, but each person is forced into areas where they are assigned. When tasks are not complete when the alien awakes, the aliens "Dispose" them.

"During work you may develop new medicines. Our herbs have varied effects, so try them out."

When the aliens are awake, they will send them into one out of several big bunkers. There they can talk and rest.

The rest of the world is rejoicing that the USA is dead. The aliens recognize that the USA is enslaving most of the world as a superpower of the world. The rest of the world prospers because of this.
...Just go with it, it's an amusing idea. I live in the USA so... yeah.

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

I guess the only problem with having the 1% wiped out is we wouldn't get anymore decent movies or games, it would just be cheaply made independent games and movies.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Saved from what?  Sickness and death, or pain and suffering? Life itself, that perpetuates the former? I wouldn't save anyone, simple calculus of non existence, where there is no suffering or pain. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.