Organism found that hasn't evolved in 2 billion years

Started by Atheon, February 04, 2015, 04:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

"An international team of scientists has discovered the greatest absence of evolution ever reported -- a type of deep-sea microorganism that appears not to have evolved over more than 2 billion years."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150203104131.htm

(fundy mode on)
See? Teh sientist found "absense of evilution". This is PRUFE that theres no such thin as evilution. That meens GOD DIDIT!! Take that, Richard Darwin and Charles Dawkings!!! PRAZE JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUZ!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

trdsf

*headdesk*  That's not an absence of evolution, that's an absence of a need to change to fit the environmental niche it's already in.  Someone dopeslap that reporter.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on February 04, 2015, 04:42:47 AM
*headdesk*  That's not an absence of evolution, that's an absence of a need to change to fit the environmental niche it's already in.  Someone dopeslap that reporter.
It's almost like he went out of is way to create a satire of stupidity.  Yet everything must evolve.  Given enough time, everything will evolve into humans.  That is the purpose of evolution; To involve into humans.  And then it can't evolve any further because it has reached the highest level of evolution.

Edit to add:  This is fun.

Atheon

If evilution is tru, why arnt munkys still evolving in to humens? PRAISE JEJUS!!!!!

Herez anuther artickel from the nooz:

"New mechanism of inheritance could advance study of evolution, disease treatment"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150202212449.htm

See? Siense is changeing!! They caint make up they're minds!! Unlike the BIBBLE, which nevr chainges!! PRAISE GODD!!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on February 04, 2015, 07:13:32 AM
If evilution is tru, why arnt munkys still evolving in to humens? PRAISE JEJUS!!!!!
I thought it was the other way round?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Saw the article yesterday. Thanks for posting. Other examples: Coelacanth, Horseshoe Crab, Nautilus, Gingko Biloba tree, Horseshoe shrimp. Obviously their life form works or it wouldn't survive. Species like the Manatee and burrowing owls are dying out because their species model can't adapt to a changing environment.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on February 04, 2015, 10:52:24 AM
Saw the article yesterday. Thanks for posting. Other examples: Coelacanth, Horseshoe Crab, Nautilus, Gingko Biloba tree, Horseshoe shrimp.
And Crocodilians.  Practically perfect water's edge ambush predators since before the K/T extinction.

Solitary

And Christianity and other superstitious nonsense, and human stupidity, hasn't evolved much for 2,000+ years either apparently. :eek: :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

I thought this was going to be about the Bush family.  I am disappoint  :sad2:

Jason78

I read the first word as orgasm.

It's total click bait Youssuf!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Munch

"DIS PROOFS EVOUSCION ISNT REAL AND GAWD DUN IT"
"Actually it shows the earth is billions of years old, instead of a couple of thousand years like the bible claims"
"JEEEHHUSS SAYS U WRONG!"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Aletheia

I've used this example before when tutoring to help explain why some groups of creatures evolve and others seem to do so very slowly or not at all. They seem to accept it more readily when you can offer something they can relate to.

How to Explain Evolution to Your Fashion Conscientious American

Q: If humans evolved from monkeys, then why are their still monkeys?

A: Humans and monkeys share a common ancestor. Evolutionary pressures altered one group more than the other.

For example - the skirt and kilt share a common ancestor design. Cultural and fashion pressures altered one group (practically every season) while the other felt little if any pressure to be altered.

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

stromboli

kilodelta

yah dat iz Y they didnent find no human livin in da bottom of the water cuz evilution would have made them humans by now

them would be sulfer mermaids but mermaids have fish tales so evilution is diss proffen by sceince!!!!

show me da crocoduck or GTFO
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know