Why evolution is so stupid (apparently)

Started by nottsexplorer, March 03, 2013, 11:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

I think I watched this before. I was trying (and succeeding) at mentally debunking from memory as they came up and it worked for pretty much most of them. This only works in convincing people who already have no fucking clue what science is.

Davka

I think you messed up the link. This is actually a video about why Kent Hovind is a dishonest money-grubbing snake-oil salesman.

stromboli

Tl;dr. Ain't no fucking way I'm wasting more than an hour of my life with that douche.

Farroc

I can't watch videos, can somebody link me to a site that lists the "reasons" in text form?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

NitzWalsh

I'm listening to his stuff now and wondering what's wrong with this guy.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Zatoichi

The only way evolution can be debunked is by completely misunderstanding and misstating what it really is.

I have a friend who is a theist and I showed him this...

[youtube:32x3w1p7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXEg-3MBv8[/youtube:32x3w1p7]

I explained to him that this was based on actual skymaps and some actual photos of some galaxies.

He said, "According to who?"

I said, "According to fucking fact!"

He said, "How do you know NASA didn't fake it? I don't trust NASA."

I said, "Faked decades of work from tens of thousands of independent astronomers???"

And I watched as he simply refused to even look at the monitor but instead chose to bury his head in the sand, so to speak. Pissed me off because this video is one of the most beautiful and moving things I have ever seen.

You can't use fact to convince people who have already made the conscious decision to remain ignorant.
"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List

Zatoichi

BTW Kent Hovind got his "degree" from a "college" that consists of a shack with a guy sitting inside who will issue "degrees" to anyone paying the $25 fee.

Sooooo....
"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List

Plu

The Sloan Digital Sky Survey is indeed one of the most beautiful and humbling videos on the size of the universe and the insignificance of humanity there is.

Zatoichi

Quote from: "Plu"The Sloan Digital Sky Survey is indeed one of the most beautiful and humbling videos on the size of the universe and the insignificance of humanity there is.

Isn't it just amazing!

I've been sharing that video with everybody I possibly can. Really awe inspiring!

nottsexplorer

Quote from: "Zatoichi"BTW Kent Hovind got his "degree" from a "college" that consists of a shack with a guy sitting inside who will issue "degrees" to anyone paying the $25 fee.

Sooooo....

Indeed:
http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/ba ... thesis.htm

leo

Quote from: "Zatoichi"The only way evolution can be debunked is by completely misunderstanding and misstating what it really is.

I have a friend who is a theist and I showed him this...

Writer posted a YouTube video

I explained to him that this was based on actual skymaps and some actual photos of some galaxies.

He said, "According to who?"

I said, "According to fucking fact!"

He said, "How do you know NASA didn't fake it? I don't trust NASA."

I said, "Faked decades of work from tens of thousands of independent astronomers???"

And I watched as he simply refused to even look at the monitor but instead chose to bury his head in the sand, so to speak. Pissed me off because this video is one of the most beautiful and moving things I have ever seen.

You can't use fact to convince people who have already made the conscious decision to remain ignorant.
holy smokes .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Thought2Much

For those interested, here is a link to a WikiLeaks page from which Kent Hovind's "dissertation" can be downloaded. It is actually a hilariously funny read.

It starts out, "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind. I am a creation/science evangelist." It only gets funnier from there.
<insert witty text or image here>

ApostateLois

I am reading the web page about Hovind's dissertation. Hilarious! Pity he won't allow it to be published on the Internet. Could it be that even he is embarrassed by his own lack of education?  :lol:
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Thought2Much

Quote from: "ApostateLois"I am reading the web page about Hovind's dissertation. Hilarious! Pity he won't allow it to be published on the Internet. Could it be that even he is embarrassed by his own lack of education?  :lol:

Pssst. Check out the WikiLeaks link I posted above. His "dissertation" is even worse than you can imagine.
<insert witty text or image here>