Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

5 Lamest States In the US

Started by stromboli, March 03, 2013, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "stromboli"Two words: Jersey Shore.  :-D

Don't put those people on us.  Most of them weren't even from Jersey.
If I had a dollar for every time I have said those words I'd be rich. I should just give up and put my hair up in a Bumpit.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

The Dude

Speaking from a New Yorker's standpoint, there's no way Jersey WOULDN'T have been on that list. One of the more hated states. Jersey Shore, Jersey-ians stereotyped to be assholes.

Plus it smells. The state literally smells.

Aroura33

If you read WHY the guy put New Jersey on that list, it was mostly because of how defensive about their state people from New Jersey are, and how much they love to talk about how they are from New Jersey.

I see those things are true, lol.  I'm just saying....
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Alaric I

Quote from: "The Dude"Speaking from a New Yorker's standpoint, there's no way Jersey WOULDN'T have been on that list. One of the more hated states. Jersey Shore, Jersey-ians stereotyped to be assholes.

Which baffles me as most of them are from New York (also stereotyped to be assholes, but you guys make good money for the US)

Alaric I

Quote from: "Aroura33"If you read WHY the guy put New Jersey on that list, it was mostly because of how defensive about their state people from New Jersey are, and how much they love to talk about how they are from New Jersey.

I see those things are true, lol.  I'm just saying....

Only one is defending it, I just don't think you can count that TV show as a - for Jersey seeing how most of them were from NY.  I myself hate the state.

Valigarmander

Those are the five worst states, maybe.

The five lamest states are Idaho, Idaho, Idaho, Wyoming, and Idaho.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Valigarmander"Those are the five worst states, maybe.

Don't hate on Idaho.  Without Idaho we Irish wouldn't be able to have a normal meal.

stromboli

Spoken like a city person. Idaho has great fishing, lakes and streams. Its an outdoorsman's place. I like space and wilderness, not cities. I like Idaho. I'm possibly moving there. The problem with Wyoming is all the good parts, like the Tetons, are populated by hollywood snobs or Mormons. The cities suck, for sure. Cheyenne is an ugly town.

The Dude

Quote from: "The Dude"Speaking from a New Yorker's standpoint, there's no way Jersey WOULDN'T have been on that list. One of the more hated states. Jersey Shore, Jersey-ians stereotyped to be assholes.

Which baffles me as most of them are from New York (also stereotyped to be assholes, but you guys make good money for the US)

Hey man, I'm just saying what people think.

Don't hate on Idaho.  Without Idaho we Irish wouldn't be able to have a normal meal.

Nah, there's still Washington.

Mermaid

NJ doesn't smell. It's a beautiful place. Yes Ports Newark and Elizabeth smell, but they are a tiny fraction of...

Oh nevermind. Stay out, it reeks. More NJ for the rest of us who know better.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

The Dude

Quote from: "Mermaid"

NJ doesn't smell. It's a beautiful place. Yes Ports Newark and Elizabeth smell, but they are a tiny fraction of...

Oh nevermind. Stay out, it reeks. More NJ for the rest of us who know better.

Bit of a dated article, but.

QuoteWondering if Jersey really smells? Just ask the people who live there.

"It's a different world when you get through the Holland Tunnel," said Nicole Figueiredo, 24, who lives in Wayne, N.J., and works in marketing.

"The smell of awfulness and horribleness."

RELATED: WHAT IS FENUGREEK?

Steven Arocha, 25, of Clifton detects a certain odor near exit 13A on the New Jersey Turnpike. "It always smells like burning rubber," he says.

"Sometimes it smells like eggs," said Phillip Gates, 53, a Pathmark worker from Linden, N.J., who holds his nose near Newark Airport.

"Sometimes there are smells that I can't even recognize, but I know one thing - it stinks."

RELATED: WHAT'S THAT SMELL? MAYOR BLOOMBERG WILL ANNOUNCE SOURCE OF MYSTERY SMELL

The rap against the Doesn't-Smell-Like-a-Garden State seems to apply to a relatively small area along the northern section of the Turnpike.

"The whole area used to be industrialized, so there's lots of stuff left over," explains Addie Acosta, 39, an accountant from Waldwick.

"Blame [Gov. Jon] Corzine because he hasn't cleaned anything up. Then again, it could be political corruption that they smell."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new ... z2MVvI726p

Besides, northern NJ smells, and then southern NJ is basically just an extension of Pennsylvania. And if there's any place I despise, it's Filth-adelphia!

wolf39us

The power plants can be smelled for a FAR distance.

If you LIVE in Jersey, then your nose becomes de-sensitized to that horrid smell.

Mermaid

NJ DOES NOT SMELL!!!

I AM NOT DEFENSIVE!  

SHUT UP!

Alaric I

Quote from: "The Dude"
Quote from: "Alaric I"Don't hate on Idaho.  Without Idaho we Irish wouldn't be able to have a normal meal.

Nah, there's still Washington.

Washington has amazing apples too. That's where we plan to settle.  I guess I shouldn't defend them too much, my wife doesn't want to live there and that's where she grew up.   :shock:

Thumpalumpacus

To paraphrase Gen Sheridan, if I owned Hell and Arizona, I'd live in Hell, and rent Arizona out.
<insert witty aphorism here>