An Atheists' Perfect Response To Christian Nutter

Started by FieryLocks, February 04, 2015, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on February 06, 2015, 03:02:43 AM
I will say that the best weddings I've been to have been non-Christian ones.  There were a couple lovely handfastings, and a friend's completely non-religious service where the happy couple processed out to the reception to the strains of the Imperial March from Star Wars.
We held our wedding in Lone Elk Park, near St. Louis. It was an internet event, 2,500+ people watching. Absolutely beautiful location, and God sent his regrets that he couldn't be there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

The best weddings in my family have been at civic offices, my aunt and my cousin, also the last funerals in my family have been humanist funerals. I went to a friends funeral years ago in a church (this was years before I became an atheist) the church felt cold and nothing befitting the person I knew. Where as the humanist funerals, that was set at some really nice center in garden grounds, felt warm, even when dealing with the loss it felt more comfortable then the church. Both funerals also reflected on the lives of my grandmother and dad, instead of some god bullshit, which always feels like a detraction from the person who died.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Fidel_Castronaut

Kind of ashamed that this is a British show, tbh, considering how rare it is to come into contact with people who actually believe in a god, let alone who are fundamental about it.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Desdinova

Quote from: Fidel_Castronaut on February 06, 2015, 11:41:14 AM
Kind of ashamed that this is a British show, tbh, considering how rare it is to come into contact with people who actually believe in a god, let alone who are fundamental about it.

Hell, don't be ashamed, be thankful.  Here in the US fundamentalists are like people from Ohio, there fucking everywhere!  ( btw APA I was born in Cincy, so cool your jets my brother )
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

trdsf

Quote from: Desdinova on February 06, 2015, 04:22:44 PM
Hell, don't be ashamed, be thankful.  Here in the US fundamentalists are like people from Ohio, there fucking everywhere!  ( btw APA I was born in Cincy, so cool your jets my brother )
On the plus side, Ohio nutters aren't as looney, as, say, Texas nutters.  Even our extremists are moderate about it, in that plodding Midwestern way... :)

(Toledo-born Columbusite here...)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

its few and far between, we honestly deal more with fundie muslims more these days then christians, but even that is so much less then the horror stories you here coming out of america. I'm quite proud of our little country, not because I'd call it overly progressive, more that most here just don't give a shit.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

atheist_in_a_foxhole

Man this guy won't shut the hell up when other people are talking. To be fair though, other people don't interrupt him because it's pure comedy when he talks, but still.

Green Bottle

Quote from: atheist_in_a_foxhole on February 09, 2015, 10:09:05 AM
Man this guy won't shut the hell up when other people are talking. To be fair though, other people don't interrupt him because it's pure comedy when he talks, but still.
He cant shut up cos ''Gawd is pullin his strings......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hydra009

In the US, the nutter would be "normal" and the humanist countering him would be in the minority.