News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Does ISIS Attract So Much Support

Started by SGOS, February 04, 2015, 07:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

This question has been in the back of my mind.  ISIS seems to be attracting huge support from supporters around the world, but this might be political spin or media spin.  We know that Al-Queada attracted support as any religious group tends to do, but this new ultra brutal form of Islam seems like it has people flocking to it, including young girls from the US offering their services to the group.  What does ISIS offer that Al-Queada could not?  Is it the brutality, the dedication, or the fact that they came out of nowhere and gained huge strength almost overnight.  How do we account for its widespread appeal?  Or is its appeal a myth being spread by the media (as an arm of government propaganda machine)?

Jason78

I think it's because people like black and white issues.   Right or wrong, good or evil, democrat or republican, left or right, infidel and believer.

ISIS makes out that they are good little muslims fighting the good fight in Allah's name against the evil of the world (as they see it), and what muslim wouldn't want to be a part of that? 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Yes, there is a "These are dedicated guys that aren't just screwing around" quality about them.  It's a very unusual quality for a political  group in times when politicians debate and debate, point fingers, and do nothing.  I could see the appeal, but it's a little hard to understand why the brutality doesn't keep people away.  There must be an appeal in the brutality itself, because that seems to define them more than anything else, at least in my mind.

stromboli

Yes, black and white. They keep doing more extreme things to polarize Islam, to either put up or shut up. By forcing people to either commit or denounce, they get recruits. They also make more enemies. Remains to be seen how that works, but my opinion is they will ultimately only destroy themselves and any good will Islam had along with it.

Hydra009

The brutality has a way of cowing support.

Jmpty

Same reasons anyone joins a gang. This gang just has a mascot.
???  ??

Munch

its the pack mentality of the human species, these fucktards who want to join Isis groups from free countries are drawn by some pack mentality because Isis does whatever the fuck it wants, from killing to stealing to causing international strife.
I say, anyone wanting to join the, let them, their not use to the human race anyway.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Jmpty on February 04, 2015, 06:22:46 PM
Same reasons anyone joins a gang. This gang just has a mascot.

Which is a little weird, because if you try to display your mascot, you get beheaded.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on February 04, 2015, 07:14:45 PM
Which is a little weird, because if you try to display your mascot, you get beheaded.

Which, I think sadly, is the thrill for these morons who come from places like america and european countries to join it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin