News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

3 wheel recumbent trike

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 02, 2015, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I never thought I'd enjoy riding a trike, but Sylvia (my gf) had this thing out in the garage collecting dust and though my legs are crap this baby flies and goes up a hill as if it's motorized.. Since I don't drive (legally) I'm going to start getting around on this thing regularly.. She also has a 2 seater trike that's heavy as hell sitting around and a couple of other bicycles collecting dust.. All in great shape..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Before I moved and sold all my stuff, I had three bikes, a road bike, mountain bike and a two wheel recumbent.  The recumbent was by far my favorite.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that all during the summer, I rode it a minimum of 40 miles a day, 7 days a week.  A recumbent is built for distance.  They handle hills fine.  I don't think they are faster or slower than a road bike (although expert riders will argue otherwise), but it's not out of the question for an average rider to cover surprisingly long distances with them.  I know I was surprised.  I don't know about a trike, however.  I've never ridden one.

stromboli

I ride regularly. My bike:

I had a full suspension Mongoose but didn't care for it. This is perfect, with 29" wheels. It now has a back rack and bags. I'm turning it into a grocery getter and survival bike. It goes with me camping. Major fun. When I get it completely outfitted I'll put pictures on here.

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't know how far my legs can go before my favorite genetic gift from mom and dad kicks in.. I've got an arthritic hip and a nice dose of sciatica to go with it.. Walking fucks with it pretty bad, but maybe the trike will help.. I kind of like the trike for balance.. I wonder if I can up the wheel size for more speed..

aitm

I as well, have a couple bikes in the garage that the wife and I ha………..wait…….you got a girlfriend?  Unchained…er…I mean…does she know?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

hrdlr110

They are easier on the back,  and tend to target posterior - hamstrings and glutes. Stretching hamstrings after you ride should should help you manage your sciatica.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

kilodelta

Check out this recumbent toilet.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Munch

Quote from: kilodelta on February 02, 2015, 07:40:47 PM
Check out this recumbent toilet.

Makes me think of mr garrison's device.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

I have Sciatica. Good news. It not only does not aggravate it to ride, but the pedaling motions serves to stretch and loosen your tendons and actually helps with it. I can walk better after being active on the bike.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on February 02, 2015, 07:13:56 PM
I as well, have a couple bikes in the garage that the wife and I ha………..wait…….you got a girlfriend?  Unchained…er…I mean…does she know?
Amazing, huh? I'm 55 and no longer a virgin.. To quote the beloved cartoon character Butthead, "We.. Ugh..hu..uh..eer..we do it. Heh heh..heh.."