Gay Marriage is not "Progressive"

Started by VladK, February 02, 2015, 07:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Apparently he doesn't know how to read in addition to him not knowing how to be civil...

I only gave a warning. I was only going to ban him if he continued posted the same bigoted stuff that was in the forum. It seems like he thinks that I'm going to ban him no matter what, which is not the case. If he's done with his hate-rant in this thread (like it seems) he can stay for now

Sent from your mom.

stromboli

I take personal responsibility for what has happened here and I'm ashamed.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on February 05, 2015, 06:41:49 PM

I dunno why dude. In cases like this, when someone comes right out with something like his original post, I think its in most people to try and see if theres maybe a middle ground we can reach with them, kind of like how Deidre32 talked about thinking of being a muslim, though while with her she was civil, gave rational reasons for it, and didn't insult or downgrade anyone, making it a thing most concluded as her choice, with this guy, he just came right out saying he thinks gays should be given second class treatment, didn't listen to debate instead just wanted to hammer in 'I'M RIGHT YOUR ALL WRONG' and didn't meet any middle ground. At best all you can do with someone like that is tell them to fuck off then and go be bigoted by themselves.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Munch

oops.

I think I'm a bit to wired on caffeine atm. Blame Nescafe.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on February 05, 2015, 06:41:49 PM

Lol I was wondering why and then I scrolled down....

trdsf

Quote from: VladK on February 04, 2015, 06:30:24 PM
Really? Tell me a period in history where the end-game of marriage was not procreation and raising children then?

I see you failed to follow the link I provided, in the quote from the historian.  Not surprised.

Quote from: VladK on February 04, 2015, 06:30:24 PM
I've just told you in previous posts. Marriage has certain benefits that the government (i.e. the people) have to provide. So it is not simply a matter of "being left alone". To make such an argument that it's simply about freedom, marriage would have to be based PURELY on negative rights.

Since that is not the case, you should be the one convincing me that it is a good idea for the government to subsidize the relationships of two men or two women. Or to put it more crudely, why should two people get tax breaks and a host of other benefits just because they fuck? Are they actually producing something for society that I'm not aware of? Should people also be able to legalize their friendships or is that just a step too far?

Also how do you square your support of gay marriage with the fact that now churches in UK and Denmark are being sued for "discrimination" if they won't perform a wedding ceremony, against their religious freedom?

I'd be curious to know if you believe gender segregation in prisons, bathrooms or sports teams is bigotry on par with South African apartheid or Jim Crow or merely being realistic about human sexual dimorphism.
No, you haven't made it clear in any post that I've seen what difference it makes to you.  So, another dodge.  I'm getting used to that from you.

Actually, your whole reply is a dodge.  You haven't answered any of the questions I've set you.  As soon as you do, then I will answer yours.  I'll repeat all three of them here, since you flatly ignored two of them and only quoted the third in a failed attempt to weasel out of answering any of them:

What is the compelling state interest in denying to two citizens of adult age and in full mental capacity the same contract rights afforded to another two citizens, simply on the basis of their genders?

What is the Constitutional basis, especially in light of the Loving and Romer decisions, to uphold a state ban on same-sex marriages?  (Note: Loving and Romer are both hotlinked to websites explaining what they are -- obviously you need to have links pointed out to you, since you've demonstrated you're not good at seeing them.)

And lastly, what the hell difference does it make to you whom I marry?  And I mean real, physical, measurable difference, not some philosophical twaddle.  You don't know if I'm your next door neighbor or half a continent away.  So, what's the real, physical, measurable difference it makes to you?

You don't get an answer until you provide one.  No more of your smokescreen/diversionary bullshit.  Man up and take responsibility for your position.  If all you can do is flail and whine and point at other things, you're not worth further commentary.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

Been here awhile. noticed a lot of similarities between these people. We had Casparov and that wack job claiming 9/11 or whatever was an inside job, super conspiracy theorist. We all address these posts in different ways, whether it be by taking their argument apart or by trying to show with the big picture how their argument doesn't work. But they all seem to do the same thing; address some of the posts, ignore others, and carry on blithely as though all of the concrete counter arguments don't matter.

It also never fails that there whole argument is a combination of opinion, always highly biased, and making unreal projections about where the issue will lead. But bias is built in, always. And the entire endeavor is to slant every so-called piece of evidence to fit, with no intention of being objective whatsoever, despite what they maintain. It is never a discussion. It is always a full on insistence they are right, no matter how much or accurate the contradicting evidence might be.

gussy

I quite enjoy these threads where the OP argues the entire community.  In this guys case, I believe he was going for martyrdom from the very begining.  We are a bunch of leftist so trying to destroy Western civilization because we hate it.  In reality, that is why Western civilization is superior.  We are constantly adapting our beliefs and behaviors based greater knowledge.  As stated before, interracial marriage was banned until attitudes were changed and we adapted our laws to accomidate them. 

Gay marriage will soon be legal and life will carry on.  The case before SCOTUS is two women that want to adopt their children.  Four special needs children that would otherwise be drowning in the foster care system.  Paid for by the taxpayer for the rest of their lives.  There might be a handful of children that resent having same sex parents but actual studies have shown that most don't.  It might be better to look at the positive results than to search for hypothetical negatives. 

In the mean time, enjoy your martyrdom though and wear it as a badge of honor.  We're all really fucking impressed.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 05, 2015, 01:32:49 PM
You must be new here. We rarely agree on anything.
Hey fuck you! We agree on everything! EVERYTHING!

Edit: I've been aware of this thread. I just stayed away from it because I didn't want to catch the hetero from any of you.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on February 06, 2015, 07:53:04 AM
Hey fuck you! We agree on everything! EVERYTHING!

Edit: I've been aware of this thread. I just stayed away from it because I didn't want to catch the hetero from any of you.

Right. You can buy it at Walmart in the perfume aisle.

Moloth

I miss threads like this... some troll (ether by sincerity or ignorance) makes a statement like "SQUARES ARE ROUND" and there are 10 pages of people trying every tactic in the book to understand the OP's point, argue against it and/or debate a nakedly false assertion.

* Moloth seal of approval *
-=The Believer is Happy; the Skeptic is Wise=-

http://www.moloth.com