Public school teaches the shahada

Started by pr126, February 13, 2015, 01:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmpty

Learning about people, and their beliefs, from different cultures around the world is just so wrong. Who knows what could happen if we actually had a better understanding of one another. I , for one, teach my children that anyone who is not exactly like us is evil, or at best misguided, and should be dealt with in a manner becoming our supreme culture and ideology.
???  ??

PickelledEggs

Is pr a grumpy, old, cynical, close-minded fart or something? I've seen him go off the handle quite a bit like this lately... in the same way I have had conservative christians argue with me that all people that identify as muslims are evil, bloodsucking, rapists and terrorists. (not exactly in those words, but you catch my drift...)

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 14, 2015, 09:55:12 PM
Is pr a grumpy, old, cynical, close-minded fart or something? I've seen him go off the handle quite a bit like this lately... in the same way I have had conservative christians argue with me that all people that identify as muslims are evil, bloodsucking, rapists and terrorists. (not exactly in those words, but you catch my drift...)

I don't believe I have wrote this in any of my post.
Certainly never saying that ALL Muslims are evil, bloodsucking, rapists and terrorists.

However, certain posters here do like to conflate Islam and Muslims.
When I am talking about  Islam, it is automatically, unthinkingly perceived as  talking about ALL Muslims. Period.

I am expecting their instant knee-jerk indignation about my "bad mouthing all Muslims".
I am calling it a Pavlovian reflex behavior.

Truth be told, the daily reports, news about the steady stream of horrors, atrocities, and brutal savagery that is occurring around the planet is cause for concern.

Final point.
I am accusing Islam, the toxic, savage, bronze age, inhuman, divisive ideology and not their followers.
If you want to interpret it as I am talking about ALL Muslims, that is your problem, not mine.

I am sure that if I was criticizing Christianity in the same way, I would be cheered on, rather than scorned by the forum.

I do not need to "knock" Christianity, so many posters doing it already here on a daily basis.
I would be wasting my time.

When I see Christians mass murdering, raping, enslaving,  mutilating, beheading, burning all around the planet, I will talk about them too. You can bet on it.

pr126

Jmpty wrote:

QuoteLearning about people, and their beliefs, from different cultures around the world is just so wrong. Who knows what could happen if we actually had a better understanding of one another.

But I did learn. And I am looking at reality, not some fantasy world I wish it to be.

What I have learned has filled me with revulsion and horror about the vicious savagery, the mindless destruction, the total disregard to human life in the name of the ideology that must not be named.

It is happening here and now, and will continue so unabated in the foreseeable future.

25,114 and counting

You are lucky that none of this happening on your planet.

Green Bottle

pr, i want to thank you for the link above..........25,114 and counting.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 15, 2015, 01:11:28 AM
I don't believe I have wrote this in any of my post.
Certainly never saying that ALL Muslims are evil, bloodsucking, rapists and terrorists.

However, certain posters here do like to conflate Islam and Muslims.
When I am talking about  Islam, it is automatically, unthinkingly perceived as  talking about ALL Muslims. Period.

I am expecting their instant knee-jerk indignation about my "bad mouthing all Muslims".
I am calling it a Pavlovian reflex behavior.

Truth be told, the daily reports, news about the steady stream of horrors, atrocities, and brutal savagery that is occurring around the planet is cause for concern.

Final point.
I am accusing Islam, the toxic, savage, bronze age, inhuman, divisive ideology and not their followers.
If you want to interpret it as I am talking about ALL Muslims, that is your problem, not mine.

I am sure that if I was criticizing Christianity in the same way, I would be cheered on, rather than scorned by the forum.

I do not need to "knock" Christianity, so many posters doing it already here on a daily basis.
I would be wasting my time.

When I see Christians mass murdering, raping, enslaving,  mutilating, beheading, burning all around the planet, I will talk about them too. You can bet on it.

OK yeah. I was obviously exaggerating and generalizing multiple threads with the "bloodsucking" comment. Back on topic though... Do you really think that your link isn't falsified propaganda? Or were you not being sarcastic and instead being genuine with your comment of

QuoteAh, Snopes.com.  The indisputable fountain of truth.
No further research necessary.

It was a Zionist propaganda all along to make Islam look bad.

Thanks.

pr126

QuoteOK yeah. I was obviously exaggerating and generalizing multiple threads with the "bloodsucking" comment. Back on topic though... Do you really think that your link isn't falsified propaganda? Or were you not being sarcastic and instead being genuine with your comment of

Ah, Snopes.com.  The indisputable fountain of truth.
    No further research necessary.

It was a Zionist propaganda all along to make Islam look bad.

Thanks.

It was sarcasm.

If people taking Snopes as the source of "truth", especially when the Snopes article dealt with Massachusetts, while my posted article was from Seminole County, Florida.

These small details do not matter to the political agenda of the left.

pr126

Jmpty wrote:

QuoteLearning about people, and their beliefs, from different cultures around the world is just so wrong. Who knows what could happen if we actually had a better understanding of one another. I , for one, teach my children that anyone who is not exactly like us is evil, or at best misguided, and should be dealt with in a manner becoming our supreme culture and ideology.

I think this post deserves another comment.

Yes, I have learned about people, and their beliefs, cultures, customs.
None of it is taught in schools or universities.

I shall list some of those here.

Misogyny, wife beating, honor killing, FGM, polygamy, forced marriages, child marriages, Nikah mut‘ah or temporary marriages, aka religiously sanctioned prostitution, gender apartheid, rape, sex slavery, are just a few.

Some more examples of other people's beliefs, customs from different cultures here  (read Q.5:33) 

There is much, much more to learn once one is willing to study about people, their beliefs, cultures, and customs.

I urge everybody to do so.