News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

To the Rubes

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 01, 2015, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

"So from all us Veterans out here, Fuck You!"

I remember voting for this guy to speak for all us veterans. Wait, what's the opposite of that?

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: kilodelta link=topic=7034.msg1058503#msg10585date=1422814075
"So from all us Veterans out here, Fuck You!"

I remember voting for this guy to speak for all us veterans. Wait, what's the opposite of that?

I'm not wild about anyone speaking for me or anyone else for that matter so I can disregard the part of 'for all of us...'.. Still, I agree with most of what is written.
The only time I am willing to let anyone do my speaking is when they're representing me in a court of law.

stromboli

My oldest son is a medically discharged vet. It took him 3.5 years and a lawyer for them to finally give him the medical retirement he deserved. And he had to fight for everything.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on February 01, 2015, 04:59:52 PM
My oldest son is a medically discharged vet. It took him 3.5 years and a lawyer for them to finally give him the medical retirement he deserved. And he had to fight for everything.
My sister served 4 in the army and now is preparing to take the VA to court because she's been informed they no longer want to treat women at the VA in Dayton Ohio..

Mike Cl

I agree with everything Adams said.  And also with all that he did not say.  Which means, things like Romney's sons not being in the military but engaged in the more 'important' duty of getting his father elected.  Old white christian men make wars and the nations young pay for it--except for the young of the congress.  This country has never taken care of it's soldiers.  I wonder why anybody joins?  Except that our schools do not make it known that our soldiers are treated so poorly. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

It took a year for a piece of paperwork to go through the VA. They retroactively paid me, but I wasn't even sure if they were working on it, or if it had been denied...

AllPurposeAtheist

PR Mike.. It's nearly impossible to watch a sporting event now without the phoney 'honoring those who serve' and the non-stop hero worship bullshit.. Some team wears some crap with a camp decoration and it gives the false impression that the players are all combat veterans and playing for your freedom.
I tell people I saved democracy with powdered eggs.

kilodelta

That's really starting to bug the shit out of me too.

However, I really didn't mind it while I was on active duty. I wonder what current active military folks think about it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: kilodelta on February 01, 2015, 05:57:44 PM
That's really starting to bug the shit out of me too.

However, I really didn't mind it while I was on active duty. I wonder what current active military folks think about it.
They still hate powdered eggs..

AllPurposeAtheist

Didn't take to long for the Superbowl to "honor" us all with some broad who sings like she's in pain.. Damned, I'd fight a bear for her.. Not a grizzly or black bear or a Kuala, more like a care bear.. I'd fight one of them sonsabitches for her..

kilodelta

Even Lion Care Bear? I bow to your bravery.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 01, 2015, 05:54:37 PM
PR Mike.. It's nearly impossible to watch a sporting event now without the phoney 'honoring those who serve' and the non-stop hero worship bullshit.. Some team wears some crap with a camp decoration and it gives the false impression that the players are all combat veterans and playing for your freedom.
I tell people I saved democracy with powdered eggs.
I hate that 'honoring the troops" shit!  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the troops.  They are simply doing a job they signed up for.  I honor them too.  But this crap of publicly honoring the troops to make it seem like they are taken care of is shit. And to say they are 'fighting for our country' is shit too.  They are fighting for each other.  I was in enough units to know that a good unit has great comradely.  They really do have each others back.  While I was not in combat, I felt the pull of that power in each unit I was in; and in most of those units I served with combat vets, and they reinforced that idea--that one fought for the guys around you, not god, country, mom or apple pie.  I hate that commercial that asks me to send in $19 per month for the wounded vets.  WTF!!!!!!!  Drag Bush's ass into the town square and make him pay for the welfare of all wounded vets--he promised to do that.  Our govt. has a moral obligation to pay for them---oooops, mixing morals with christians and congress--my bad.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

Another bunch who just piss me off is PVA, Paralyzed Veterans of America.. I used to work for them selling overpriced trash bags on the telephone. It's a scam and the bulk of the money goes to bullshit and almost no veteran..

stromboli

Don't forget R. Lee Ermey and Wounded Warrior. Turns out to be another scam charity.