News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Abductions Stop in Name of Christ

Started by Milleby, January 28, 2015, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desdinova

This is what you get when you cross breed Christian nutcases with UFO nutcases.  These guys have figured out an easy way to make money by appealing to these hybrid whackos.  I wonder how much money they get from speaking appearances?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

stromboli

This is woo, or what we out here in Utah refer to as bullshit.

Milleby

Hey guys, so this article was actually presented to me by a christian in an online dispute elsewhere (Yeah, I know, I need a life...):

QuoteActually I have studied sleeping paralysis - and there could be natural explanations in some cases but from my childhood I was interested into supernatural and I have read so many testimonies which are pretty consistent and from very much educated people or average working citizens - they are experiening supernatural things. Many of them are oftenly visited by demons/aliens but best thing is that it can be stopped. Just by calling the name of Jesus. http://www.alienresistance.org/ufo-alien-deception/alienabductions-stop-in-the-name-jesus-christ/  We are really living in small box - there is for sure spiritual world behind the physical... I dont really think that something like psychological disorders even exists now - I have heart so many stories about people being instantly cured from psychological disorders like social phobia or schizophrenia... I myself have experienced spiritual world...

Here's how I responded:
----

I read the article that you linked in your response and I have a few questions regarding it.

1) What justifies you in reasoning from "these people claimed that they were abducted by aliens" to "these people WERE abducted by aliens?" How do you know that 100% of these testimonials aren't simply bogus and dishonest? In this study, what methods were used to weed out dishonest testimonials?

2) Even if we knew for a fact that these people did genuinely have the experiences that they shared in their testimonials, what justifies you in asserting the positive conclusion that the best explanation for what happened to them is that they were abducted by aliens? In this study, what methods were used to weed out testimonials that were more likely caused - and better explained by a bad trip on some shrooms, or a vivid nightmare, or a  hallucination?

3) EVEN if we could GENUINELY say that there was something very mysterious and unexplainable about a given person's experience, what justifies you in saying anything beyond "I don't have an explanation."?

4) Why does a person seeing an end to their alien abduction experience when they call out to jesus necessarily mean that the biblical account of jesus is true or whatever? If it works so well with aliens then why does it have such a poor track record when used on far less technologically sophisticated human abductors of Christians? What's to say that the Christians who called out to jesus weren't simply dreaming, and in calling out to him woke themselves up, or that there isn't some other more plausible explanation? In such cases, perhaps the aliens simply realized that the subject was too stupid for their experiments and decided to abduct someone else.

5) "There is a spiritual world behind the physical" Simple question: How do you know?

6) These anecdotes you're referring to... Were these carefully devised scientific experiments performed in a controlled environment? If not, why should they carry any weight in proving anything?

----
Did I forget anything guys?