News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrooperFive

Wait, football is the game where they throw the brown oval shaped thing right?
(I don't like football very much)

This has been another post from your friendly neighborhood Trooper.
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled.
~Mark Twain

Poison Tree

On the last offside penalty that got the Patriots off the goal line before the kneel down, it sure looked to me like Brady slapped the center's ass and the center jerked his head back, simulating the snap, and drawing the player off sides. I believe it should have been a penalty on the Patriots (either false start or snap infraction) but it was absolutely the smart thing for them to try at that point as another half the distance to the goal would have meant nothing while the five yards the other way was huge.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on February 01, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
Hey they tried to throw a off the track play which is a great idea, but it backfired; Great game by the Hawks, holy shit they move 80 yds in 3 plays  and score a td, Dats a damn good team

I stopped watching after the half because it looked like the 'Hawks were going to do like they did to Green Bay and come back and win. fortunately I watched the last part of the game. They thought they could beat the rookie defender with a pass play; kid made the play of his life and intercepted it. Post game they were calling it the worst call ever in a super bowl, but I don't know. I would still have used Lynch because that fucker is a tank, and a one yard play is almost a cinch to me.

hrdlr110

Quote from: stromboli on February 02, 2015, 12:47:27 AM
I stopped watching after the half because it looked like the 'Hawks were going to do like they did to Green Bay and come back and win. fortunately I watched the last part of the game. They thought they could beat the rookie defender with a pass play; kid made the play of his life and intercepted it. Post game they were calling it the worst call ever in a super bowl, but I don't know. I would still have used Lynch because that fucker is a tank, and a one yard play is almost a cinch to me.

And two tries at running it as well. If you fail on 2nd and 3rd down, I think you roll Wilson out with a run pass option. But yeah, unbelievable play selection given the down/distance/time remaining.
Today the Seahawks learned almost exactly how they made the packers feel two weeks ago. Karma?
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

AllPurposeAtheist

'Off the track' a great idea? Just step away from the Sarah Palin juice and nobody has to get hurt.. :lol:
What would have been a great idea would have been to bring in a road grader, perhaps another offensive tackle as a fullback and let me Lynch be the hero of the game. I almost feel bad for Chris Mathews.. The kid was working for Footlocker a few weeks ago..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Don't worry about Matthews. He is officially a hot commodity now. Fucker grabbed the onside kick in the Green Bay game, and that was enough to earn his keep. His two catches in the Super Bowl will be replayed ad infinitum into the future. He'll be around next year.