News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If you were god what would you do

Started by MagetheEntertainer, January 25, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Lightning bolt for anyone who believes in me.  That oughta mess with everyone's heads.

And the best chocolate cookie ever baked for whoever rigorously demonstrates my existence through evidence.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Deidre32

Quote from: trdsf on January 30, 2015, 04:41:12 PM
Lightning bolt for anyone who believes in me.  That oughta mess with everyone's heads.

And the best chocolate cookie ever baked for whoever rigorously demonstrates my existence through evidence.

LMAO! Especially the lightning bolt.

If we all were gods/goddesses...that would be cool for real, though. We could do whatever we want. Whenever we want. However we want. And it would all be perfect. lol
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

TrooperFive

Quote from: trdsf on January 30, 2015, 04:41:12 PM

I would make it so that the lightning bolts have the power to (quite literally) knock some knowledge and common sense into people.
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled.
~Mark Twain

Solitary

That wouldn't be any fun, no chew toys to play with.  :fU: :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

emilynghiem

Hmmm, I would use forums, just like this one, to connect people by the internet willing to resolve conflicts and mediate between the various religious and political groups, and move them to call for conferences and Constitutional conventions to form an agreement on how to handle political beliefs, so that a consensus can be formed on volatile issues of clashing beliefs (and/or how to separate funding and keep these out of govt), and how to teach and reform various religious teachings that reconcile and include all groups so these can work together in agreement on sustainable solutions to social issues (and quit wasting resources fighting over control and projecting blame for problems which isn't solving anything).

I would connect doctors and researchers to prove how spiritual healing works naturally, in conjunction with science and medicine, to reform the mental health, criminal justice, and health care systems; in order to convert prisons into medical treatment centers for rehab, recovery and prevention, and save lives and resources, redirected to provide services to entire populations instead of wasting billions on a failed criminal justice system focused on judgment and punishment instead of preventing crime by correcting the causes.

Artists, writers and producers would also organize through the internet to create positive media messages that are both educational, entertaining, and marketable for raising funds for good causes and solutions to economic, political and social problems. So this would speed up the educational outreach, and create jobs and internships to build schools and campuses for medical and social services for sustainable development in all areas of the world, rich or poor to stabilize the global economy -- especially replacing sweatshop factories and human trafficking with schools and daycares, built with labor and resources invested as restitution for organized crime and corporate corruption that has targeted the most vulnerable populations, where the meek shall inherit the earth and be paid back for the debts and damages wreaked on humanity.

All this would be done by spreading the knowledge that forgiveness allows conflicts to be resolved, and all forms of ills to be healed, so people can work together more productively to correct the wrongs in the world, regardless of religious or political views and affiliations.

I would have secular gentiles join with Christian theists to teach that the meaning of Christ Jesus is Restorative Justice: proving through studies that forgiveness correlates with ability for leaders to solve conflicts and create effective solutions (while unforgiveness correlates with inability to reconcile and to lead effectively), and campaigning for people and groups to forgive one another, in order to correct and heal all wrongs, to work together for restitution and solutions in society, and to elect and appoint leadership able to implement solutions instead of waste resources on political conflicts and wars. In this way, lasting Peace and Justice would be established worldwide, by establishing agreement in truth among all tribes and nations joined together in the spirit of Restorative Justice or Christ Jesus embodied in all people unified as one church or community, realizing the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven.

Thus all people will forgive and receive one another in the spirit of Truth and Wisdom, Justice with Mercy, Healing Comfort and Grace to bring Peace and Harmony for all Humanity which is the meaning of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Oh, and I would find writers and editors who can take long messages like this, and edit them down where anyone can understand them. Sorry, yes, humans are not perfect, and are created to help each other do work that will take whole teams to organize. Life is like a symphony, and it will take different instruments from all sections playing in harmony to complete the score. So I would organize the team players and leaders by section, and call them forward to get this show on the road!
God is no thing

stromboli

Jesus Christ is nothing but a figment of somebody's imagination to create a prototypical man-god to be deified and worshiped, nothing more. As I said before, nothing claimed of Jesus or any divinity can't achieved through secular means, save the "book of the dead" aspects of religion and the afterlife. Men get along just fine without god or any aspect of deity. The countries most harmonious and having the least dissent and crime and misery are the most secular; look it up.

Spiritual healing in any form is fiction, period. It has been tested scientifically and shown to be a fraud. If spiritual healing worked, doctors would be praying over every patient and not tending instead to be nonbelievers; there would be faith healers in every doctor's office. Guess what? There aren't any.

Actors, writers and producers have created positive messages a plenty. Hum "somewhere Over The Rainbow" and see where Jesus is mentioned; he isn't. And there is nothing "restorative" about the juice of Jesus. Ask the descendants of all the Native Americans and other people, like the Armenians and Russian Jews that were slaughtered by all the righteous Christians who didn't agree with their beliefs. Oh, by the way; that Hitler guy that slaughtered all those Jews? He was a Catholic.

You are so naive as to be retarded. There is nothing good or useful attained from religion that cannot be attained without it. You will be banned from here because you keep invoking Jesus, which we consider proselyting. Please, please try to learn something before you are kicked off of here. Please try to broaden your mind to a wider world with real truths and expectations that exist outside of the narrow box of your Jesus infested brain. We do not hate you, we pity you. What a sad, narrow little existence you live.

Jason78

Quote from: emilynghiem on February 16, 2015, 10:22:04 AM
Hmmm, I would use forums, just like this one

In order to use this one properly, you ought to start an introduction thread so you can tell us all about yourself.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

kilodelta

QuoteI would connect doctors and researchers to prove how spiritual healing works naturally, in conjunction with science and medicine,

If spiritual healing actually was tested to work, then it'd just be medicine. You wouldn't use it in conjunction with...

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

QuoteArtists, writers and producers would also organize through the internet to create positive media messages that are both educational, entertaining, and marketable for raising funds for good causes and solutions to economic, political and social problems.

So, Orwellian groupthink?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know