News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Help me disprove Judaism

Started by Helliscold, January 21, 2015, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helliscold

This is my first message here.

I already proved to myself that both Islam and Christianity are wrong. Can you help me find sufficient proofs that show that the Torah is not from "God" or that it has a mistake?

Hydra009

Well, the "promised land" is a thin strip of arid land in the worst neighborhood on the planet.  That and bacon.

GrinningYMIR

Why would God care about what you eat? Why does God care about cutting off part of a man's dick? Why does god care about a bush burning?

Why would God make 10 commandments that could be shrunken down to about two?

Finally, why do holy men have to have beards? is that some sort of proof of masculinity?

Plus...you know its God...a magical giant dude who wants us all to do exactly what he says for no reason other than to avoid being burned for all eternity. If he's real, then he's a dick,
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Atheon

"In the beginning god"

Wrong at the very start. There is no god.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mr.Obvious

The question is; do you have any proof that judaism is the truth?
So, do you have ample evidence?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Johan

God is divine and perfect right? Makes no mistakes and all that? He also created man in his image, yes? So why are men born with a foreskin? Does god have a foreskin? If he created man in his own image, then god must surely have a foreskin on his schmeckle. And if god makes no mistakes then why are we required to cut that foreskin off of new born male children?

Is god himself circumcised? If so, what mohel did god use? More importantly, did god get the fuck you I'm god you asshole so shut the fuck up and circumcise me discount or did god... gasp, pay full price for his mohel?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hakurei Reimu

You're going about it wrong. It's not up to anyone to prove the Torah wrong. It's up to you to prove it right. Until then, it's just a book written by tribes of near-ignorant goat-herders, with all the accuracy that implies.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Sal1981

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 21, 2015, 11:12:37 PM
Well, the "chosen land" is a thin strip of arid land in the worst neighborhood on the planet.  That and bacon.
Can't go wrong with bacon. :rotflmao:

aitm

IF you cannot find ample evidence that the babble is bullshit in the very first chapter of Genesis, you need some science in your life.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Judaism began as a polytheistic religon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judaism

Exodus didn't happen
https://thechurchoftruth.wordpress.com/95-2/

Noah's Ark is a myth
https://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/top-ten-reasons-noahs-flood-is-mythology/

So basically the tenets of the religion are founded on fables.

Question: instead of coming on here, why don't you just look this up for yourself? Its called google.

Helliscold

I am aware of the scientific inaccuracies that are present in Genesis. But you can argue that these stories are symbolic, in that they are fables with a morale to be implied.

Or you can argue that God is a deceiver. In which case we are screwed.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Helliscold on January 22, 2015, 12:25:49 PM
I am aware of the scientific inaccuracies that are present in Genesis. But you can argue that these stories are symbolic, in that they are fables with a morale to be implied.

And you can't use that line of thinking on Christianity or Islam? Why not? If you can, than how have you 'proven to yourself that they are wrong'?

It's this line of reasoning that makes clear that the burden of proof should always be on the one making the claim. Judaïsm could hypothetically be true. But where's the proof? There are good reasons not to believe, but where are the reasons to actually believe? Evaluate those. Running into this jungle of 'ifs' and 'buts' and 'coulds' based on unfalsifiable claims leads you nowhere.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason78

That Satan guy seems to be ok though.   He sorted out humans with knowledge.   And he's killed less people than God.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

aitm

But you can argue that these stories are symbolic, in that they are fables with a morale to be implied.

So, you think that when they wrote the OT babble 3000 years ago (supposedly) that the people who were told these stories didn't really believe them? What would suggest that? Is there any evidence that the people three thousand years ago had sufficient scientific knowledge to claim that the first chapter of Genesis was bullshit? No, you don't. Because they did indeed believe this was the case because that is why they wrote it that way. What contemporary believers believe them to be are quite irrelevant. The original believers believed every damn word as written.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Book_of_Genesis

This is the last one. Its called google. You type shit in and you get responses. Nowhere on the forum does it say we are a research firm. Stop being lazy and do your own research.