News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

6 years..

Started by mainethinker, January 20, 2015, 09:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainethinker

First of all attacking someone's punctuation is a common tool to discredit someone. Anything that a defector says cannot be trusted doesn't matter that you your wife heard it from a defector detectors are either lieing by their own doing or been coached. There are thousands of accounts of people dying and seeing heaven but that's not proof that heaven is real. That malnutrition thing is complete bullshit there's plenty of food there there's plenty of food its like you didn't even read anything that I even set you just have a bias because a loved one of a coworker told you stuff that they say heard from people confirmation bias... The local elections are real the higher government elections are real and you have no way of proving that they're not so you're just appealing to a thority with that one and using circular logic Oh North Korea is bad why because we heard this about them so if we heard this about them then this other thing we heard about them must also be true. And I love that you use the common mothers basement comment to. That's another sign of just a sad unoriginal person keyboard warrior
Dandong china has a bridge that i cross day after day

mainethinker

Quote from: kilodelta on January 21, 2015, 06:13:33 PM
I highly question any country that has excessive travel restrictions on visitors and routinely denies the media access at all. It's like going to somebody's house and having them follow you all over the place including the bathroom... extreme paranoia. What are they scared of? Fear of interaction with people without North Korean indoctrination?

There are tour groups that go into North Korea but because North Korea's intelligence gathering is limited they don't have the capabilities of doing background checks on people so it be very easy for foreign governments to in bed intelligence agents into tour groups so they don't allow people to just roam around freely because they can commit acts of terrorism for sedition purposes also the reason why they don't allow media in is because quite often when they do which is rare the organization uses whatever footage they got in country to make propaganda against the country in fact there has been many people normal people who went on trips to North Korea who have had their videos and photos stolen from their social networking sites like Flickr and YouTube and whatnot and had it ended up becoming part of anti North Korean propaganda it's happened to me

mainethinker

Also I'm not a professional speaker or typist or whatever so if my points don't come across or if I seem weak sauce or whatever stupid Internet lingo you're going to use well then I am sorry.......           sarcasm

mainethinker

The thing that really pisses me off is that I don't understand why people don't get that North Korea was just trying to stop its country from being occupied by foreign troops.

is that so hard to understand?

how about Japan what its like to be swarmed with foreign troops all over the place and not only that the hordes of nerdy Asian fetish men that flock to Japan, ask them what it's like to have their culture completely decimated.

Shiranu

Quotehow about Japan what its like to be swarmed with foreign troops all over the place and not only that the hordes of nerdy Asian fetish men that flock to Japan, ask them what it's like to have their culture completely decimated.

If you think Japanese culture has been completely decimated (especially by foreigners), I can see you know about as much about Japan as you do Korea.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mainethinker

Has been decimated it has been co-opted it has been repatriated it's no longer their own it belongs to the whole world now which is the destruction of it

Shiranu

Quote from: mainethinker on January 21, 2015, 10:01:27 PM
Has been decimated it has been co-opted it has been repatriated it's no longer their own it belongs to the whole world now which is the destruction of it

There hasn't been a "pure" civilized culture in a good...ever?

Even "Japanese culture" is misleading, as there is a huge difference between an Okinawan Japanese and the main four islands. And until about 100 years ago, those islands varied in culture as well, even within just a few hundred kilometers.

Then of course you have the fact that "Japanese culture" was heavily influenced by both Chinese, Korean and Indian cultures. To find "pure" Japanese culture you would have to go back to the very first inhabitants, but even then they came from other regions. Japanese language is linguistically related to Korean, their writing Chinese and one of their religions Indian (modern Shinto is heavily infused with Buddhism as well, so even then you would have to say that Chinese/Indians destroyed Japanese culture long before the West showed up.

Cultures borrow and cultures change, that is just the way of the world. Japan has done a very good job compared to many in terms of preserving their old ways while integrating the new. You can complain about that being "the destruction of their culture", but this is something that has been happening since there was a "group B" of humans... conflict and just simple cultural borrowing changes both Groups.

And personally, I will take modern Japan over the emperor-worship era Japan anyday.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: mainethinker on January 21, 2015, 01:03:31 PMBut when it comes to North Korea the best resource is kcna.kp that's their official news site
Usually I mock exactly this sort of (non)thinking, but I honestly don't think I could come up with a parody that's half as insane as the real deal.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2015, 10:18:24 PMCultures borrow and cultures change, that is just the way of the world. Japan has done a very good job compared to many in terms of preserving their old ways while integrating the new.
That's an understatement.  Japan's a cultural powerhouse.

GrinningYMIR

Is multi-culturalism the ultimate evil now?

and Japanese culture being destroyed? Seems pretty damn poignant to me
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

pr126

Mainethinker,  are you from the North Korean tourist board?

mainethinker

mainethinker

Quote from: pr126 on January 22, 2015, 06:23:25 AM
Mainethinker,  are you from the North Korean tourist board?

no

Sal1981

Quote from: mainethinker on January 22, 2015, 07:13:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7h6U4Nsow
Speaking of hacking (and subsequently the Internet) why is it that N. Korea needs a country firewall giving no access to the open Internet, and replace it with a ridiculous intranet instead?

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: mainethinker on January 21, 2015, 06:17:21 PM
First of all attacking someone's punctuation is a common tool to discredit someone. Anything that a defector says cannot be trusted doesn't matter that you your wife heard it from a defector detectors are either lieing by their own doing or been coached.
Yes, of course they've all lying and been coached. That's the only explanation for why they're badmouthing North Korea.  :rolleyes:

People don't flee utopias. Hell, they don't even flee countries with problems. The fact that they are here, residing in other countries as refugees from North Korea, telling these dark stories at all, is an indicator of severe problems. Like malnutrition. Like political oppression. For whatever reason, they don't want to go back. They would rather stay in other countries as refugees, with all the stigma and poverty and lack of citizen privileges that goes along with that, rather than return to North Korea. That says something, and it doesn't say good things.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu