Arizona's Franks again leads assault on women's rights.

Started by Solitary, January 23, 2015, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

ed. Montini @Arizonarepublic.com

REPUBLICAN Rep. Trent Franks will take center stage today when Congress is scheduled to vote on an anti-abortion bill sponsored by the longtime Arizona congressman. The Frank's bill mimics an Arizona one that was found to be unconstitutional. His bill is based on seriously disputed science. It is estimated to cost tax payers half a billion dollars over ten years.  And it is guaranteed to be vetoed by President Barack Obama.

In a press release  after introducing this year's bill, Franks said in part, "I would just deeply encourage all interested parties, including fair-minded reporters, to simply read this bill. It is one all humane Americans can support if they understand it for themselves."

I agree! Understanding what this is: Unconstitutional, expensive,  unprincipled, medically unsound, and dangerous to woman. Solitary This bill has been apposed and/or debunked by the American Medical Association, the British Royal College of Obstetricians, the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and medical professionals. And we wonder why people in the rest of the country and overseas make fun of us. Solitary   :wall: Vote these idiots in and forget about your rights ladies. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

This has gotten so bad the women in the Republican party are even turned off by it. Its just nuts that they are willing to put a law on the books that not only attacks women's rights but also will create millions of dollars of legal fees to defend. This is the insanity of the right wing christian pinheads.

Jason78

It amazes me that women's reproductive rights seems to dominate american politics so much.  I mean, of all the problems that america faces at the moment, this is what they choose to devote their time to.   

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

I think there are a few reasons the Repubs are so adamant about reproductive rights. First, it is a hot button issue they are currently on the correct side of , because the majority of the nation is Christian. Secondly, by putting these types of issues out front they blur the other nastier things they are doing like dismantling the EPA for their wealthy cronies, taking apart Affordable Care for their medical billionaire cronies and so on. You make noise out front to hide the nastiness in back.

Ultimately, with the paradigm shift of the Millennial generation becoming more secular, they will hopefully lose in the long run. but unfortunately they can do a huge amount of damage in the short term and make it very difficult to undo what they have done.

Aletheia

American politics as they are now, remind me of a group of monkeys working together to cuckhold a rival male. The subordinate monkeys are busy flinging shit and causing such chaos with members of the group to where the alpha male has to intervene, while a few of the more clever monkeys are busy having their way with females who "belong" to the alpha male.

Everytime I see the videos of congress, I am always amazed at all the well-dressed apes trained to put on such a serious face when they know the world is watching. Once the camera is off, they go back to flinging shit.

If we change nothing else - let's at least make it impossible to group bills together. Have it to where congress must review each bill separatedly and therefore judged by its own merits. This would cut down on a lot of the superfluous laws that didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being passed on their own and prevent much needed bills from being dismissed because some unpopular bill was added at the last second to ensure it would sink like a rock.

Whatever happened to the "can do" attitude that America supposedly had? We've become so complacent that obesity is literally killing us. It comes as no surprise that our sedentary home life and our "that's not in my job description" mentality has produced this catastrophe of a runaway government that tries to appease a mob rather than properly govern in accordance to the people's needs.

It's become too easy to change the channel or surf the web, that we've fooled ourselves into thinking that a problem no longer exists if we tune into something else. How bad does the problem have to get before we finally roll up our sleeves and start fixing things? It's blatantly obvious that our government is broken. It no longer serves our interests - that's our cue to start regaining control of our runaway government.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

stromboli

Unfortunately not a bad comparison. It was bad enough and then we elected a man of mixed race. He instantly became a negro and all of our racism that was simmering underneath came out. What is going on now is like a replay of the 50's in terms of human rights- McCarthyism, blacks being persecuted, ultra conservative right wings denouncing gays, women's rights being trampled on and so forth.

Back in the 50's there was a game show, the G.E. College Bowl. GE's motto was "Progress Is Our Most Important Product." Now "progressives" is a denigrating term used against liberals. How very sad.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.